Hi just starting BSD on Jan 5th. Want to loose 50 lbs

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by mhart_Sf
    on

Hi I have just started out and happy to post stats and have encouragement along the way.

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Welcome mhart_Sf! It’s a great plan and you’ll find a lot of encouragement and advice on these forums. Wishing you much success!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Welcome mhart_Sf

Best wishes for your BSD journey.

• posted by fabulist
    on

Welcome! I just joined a few minutes ago and I have about 80lbs to lose. The very best of luck on your journey!

• posted by PaintThinner
    on

Five days and five pounds down. This is such a great start. Lovely fish in foil last night.

• posted by Janeyjune
    on

Hi I am starting on Monday. Have tried out a few of the great receipes here this week and have been reading a lot on the forums which seem like great support.
    I have a question about the app Myfitness Pal. I have tried to change the calories per day to 800 but it just wont save. Has anyone here managed this?

• posted by kathrynf71
    on

Hello – MyFitnessPal won’t let you go below 1200 cals a day which is why it won’t let you reset it to 800. Good luck with the diet!

• posted by Janeyjune
    on

Ok thanks for letting me know.. will reset to 1200 cals. Thanks for the best wishes….I see this as an experiment. Have lost weight before but have never perservered for 8 weeks and have been inspired by others on this site. So fingers crossed

• posted by abisaysyes
    on

Hi, I’ve done a couple of weeks of this but then lost traction, am starting again on Monday and will complete 8 weeks this time! Happy to encourage and be encouraged. Good luck to those starting today. I want to lose 13kg in 8 weeks or less. Let’s go! X

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Hi just to say that if you go into Goals on the darker blue line at the top and edit you can put in 800 as your calorie goal. That is also where you can put in your targets for carbs, fat and protein – you just play with the numbers until you get the levels you want. Then save.

Good luck to all the new starters.

• posted by TumtumP
    on

Hi

You can reset it to 800 calories and add whatever mix of protein, fats, carbs you want. Go the ‘My Goals’ section and select ‘Calories and Macros’. You’ll be able to change it in there. At the bottom of your daily diary , if you go to the bottom it says ‘Nutrition’ – if you click on there it will list your P F C percentages, show you pie charts of the split between the three by day and also a daily view of calories at each meal.
    I’ve calculated ( please don’t take this as the only truth, I might have it wrong!) that 50g carbs is 25% of daily intake on 800 cals. I then split protein and fat in the remaining 75% to be slightly in fats favour. If my weight loss isn’t good I will swap it the other way.
    I find writing down both calorie and carb content of foods useful -apparently its the low carb that is most effective.
    Hope this helps

• posted by mhart_Sf
    on

Hi well down 1.5 in 3 days and not quite keeping to 800 more 900 cals but really trying from today!

• posted by Sarah306
    on

Hi I have never done this forum thing before so don’t know the correct way of joining in, so hope it is correct to just write here. I am new To the BSD. I am 4 days in and would love to be part of a group for support. Have stuck to the first four days eating plan 100 % not feeling too bad, a few headaches, but nothing major.. I have not weighed yet. I seriously wish to change my life so that I can look in the mirror and not be offended by what I see. So would really value some thoughts, advice or encouragement from others wishing to change their appearance as well.
    Hope this was the correct way to make contact.

• posted by mhart_Sf
    on

Hi Sara well done on 100pct I am still at about 90pct with about 950!cals yesterday. I am preparing all my food and making soup today for next week so I can be more organized. Yes this weighing myself each day a bit good and bad. I started around 210.8 on tuesday and yesterday 207.8. So got sun and mon for a full week. I think I will weigh tomorrow and make Mon my new first week ish. I am 5.5 so I really want to be 150 ish by summer. Yes I want to look decent again!!! Let us know how you go!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Hi Sarah, welcome. Just either jump into any threads that interest you, or start your own, some people find a diary thread useful where they can record their own ups and downs along the way. You will find a lot of experience and good advice from other posters, so if anything is concerning you just ask away.

• posted by Sarah306
    on

Hi Mixnmatch
    Thanks for your welcome. I am already enjoying reading threads. Have completed day 4 and still happy to continue, but nervous to weigh in case it is not good. Maybe tomorrow

• posted by fraggle257
    on

Hi All, starting today and also want to lose around 50lbs long term but my immediate goal is to shed some of this weight ready for my holiday of a lifetime coming up at the end of March! Currently munching a late breakfast/brunch of egg, mushroom and kale with smoked salmon and drinking my tea with Almond milk! Big changes! 🙂

• posted by topcac
    on

Ooh – Sarah – we are all dying to know how you’ve got on – let us know when you weigh in !!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.