Hi Im new here

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MikeC
    on

Hi I’m new here . Ive been on the 800 calorie per day diet for 3 weeks & lost 9 kg to date. Im now finding it fairly easy. My wife is doing it with me & she has lost 6 kg . I never thought I would enjoy a cup a soup so much or find it so filling. I often go all day without anything more than a coffee or cup of tea in the morning. In fact i think Im often eating less than 800 per day. I want to lose 35 kg all up so I might be on this for more than 8 weeks.
    So far my liver function had returned to normal ALT 27 so my fatty liver is under control. Im wondering about what to do with the lose skin when I get down or maybe there wont be any.
    Mike

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Mike – congratulations on the really great weight losses for you and your wife, and also really pleased to hear that you are enjoying it. I was saying to OH this morning as he tucked into two fried eggs and some bacon, with a smile on his face as he really enjoyed the flavour, that it’s a miracle to get your tastebuds firing on all cylinders, isn’t it!

In terms of the skin – well, it seems to be the luck of the draw, some people do have wrinkly bits after losing weight, and other people have more flexibility so their skin shrinks up. Michael in the book I think quotes someone as saying they’d rather be thin and healthy with a few wrinkly bits, than less healthy with more fat.

I think the thing to do is to get some cream to rub in on the bits you’re most worried about – the Palmer’s brand do a range of body creams (you can get them in Boots etc) which are recommended for pregnant ladies (!) but also for those losing weight. You can get ones which are unscented, so that you don’t smell like a coconut – although that’s quite pleasant!

Hope that helps!

• posted by MikeC
    on

Thanks Igor ,
    I will start walking / running tomorrow hoping to burn off more than im putting in. I tried this a week ago but my runners gave me terrible heal blisters. I bought a new pair of Hoka1 trainers today my Doctor revomended them .
    Im going for another 10 kg loss in tne next 3 weeks. I have read that the body will burn loose ski if you go on a full water fast but thats a long way off yet.
    Mike

Please log in or register to post a reply.