Hi from me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Izzy
    on

I’m new here just thought I’d say hello.

Quick story I’m female, 40, mother of two. I am pre-diabetic, insulin resistant with polycystic ovaries.

I’ve tried pretty much every diet with varied success always regaining, although I’m currently about 20 lbs lighter than my heaviest weight so I’m pleased I’ve maintained a little lower for several years now just unable to get lower. My vmi is about 35 I think.

I’m in the process of finishing the book off, prior to getting organised and I want to monitor my blood sugars just out of curiosity so I’ve got a kit ordered. Once I finish the book, get the kit and the I will do a little planning and get started soon hopefully within this coming week.

I’ve also purchased a fitbit and will be using it to aim for 10000 steps/ day.

Is there a forum here for diaries or can I start one anywhere?

looking forwards to getting to know your stories ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Izzy and welcome.
    You could use this thread to record your losses but there is also a weight loss thread. Some people just blog on their own thread and we jump in with support or congratulations. ๐Ÿ™‚
    There is another thread for PCOS sufferers you might like to read too.

• posted by fiftyfifty
    on

Hi Izzy,
    I bought a fitbit too to coincide with my starting on the Fast800.
    To be honest, I haven’t been strict about counting my calories, and have been more just sticking to basic principles (no sugar, bread, rice or pasta any more!) so it’s probably more accurate to say I’ve been doing the BSD Med style low carb for those 3 weeks, but even so I have lost 2.5 kg. My partner has been much stricter with himself, and has lost 5.9 kg in the same time!
    I was hesitant about the fitbit at first, but now I am really glad I bought it. It helps keep me aware of how active I am (or am not) being and motivates me to walk more than I had been previously. Last night on my way home from work I got off the train one stop early and walked the rest of the way home, just so I could relax and enjoy my evening knowing I had achieved my 10000 steps for the day! Isn’t is great to feel that buzz on on your wrist when you’ve reached your goal ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    Good luck with your journey, and keep us posted ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

thanks for the welcome and the info ๐Ÿ™‚

By Tuesday I had my glucose test kit and had finished the book, so I’m already on day 3 and managing much better than I thought I would. 800 calories isn’t nearly as difficult as I thought but it is hard not to eat the crap in between. So far so Good. I think I will start a diary thread and I’ve also added a recipe too. I’m surprising myself by thinking of lots I can actually cook. I’m making soup for my meal tonight with lentils, butterbeans and onion.

Fiftyfifty I absolutely love my fitbit I’m so glad I bought it! It seemed an extravagance but the food diary part of it is proving really useful, as well as logging water etc and steps. The sleep part of it is interesting too. As for the buzz when I hit 10000 steps… well that makes me jump every time haha, but it does feel great to have made it (every day this week so far)

I guess I’ll be here for a while so looking forward to getting to know you all.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Izzy, you are off to a great start ๐Ÿ™‚ looking forward to reading your diary thread and following your progress ๐Ÿ™‚
    Fiftyfifty, some people need to start the BSD slowly. There are quite a few who have a practice week or two to ease into it. You might be ready to do the fast800 now and get the full benefits. I’m impressed by you getting off your train early and walking the rest ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

hi Izzy, welcome to the forums! You won’t be alone in beginning the diet with careful preparation – my neice and her husband have spent a week preparing to start on Monday and others on these forums have done the same. Lucia springs to mind! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Izzy
    on

thank you both and yes I think sometimes a little bit of preparation can make all the difference but can’t spend too long and use ‘preparation’ as avoidance lol. That’s why I jumped in on Tuesday, I pondered the usual…will I start next monday? but I know I would have spent the week cramming in all kinds of crappy food and would have started a few lb’s heavier.

Please log in or register to post a reply.