Hi all , advice needed please ๐Ÿ˜ฉ

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Claire0604
    on

I have been following the 800 cal fast for two weeks now . The first ten days I had fantastic results loosing a pound a day! But the last four days I haven’t lost anything ๐Ÿ™. I did have one cheat day when I had a couple of glasses of wine ๐Ÿท but otherwise i have stuck to plan. Is this normal to stay the same and will the weight loss continue again? Many thanks Claire xxxx

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

If you go to the search box at the top of the page and type in Plateau you will see previous posts on this subject. It is very common and well known.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Yes, Claire, very normal. I lost really well over the first 8 or 9 days, losing about a pound a day, like you. I then hit my first plateau, and stayed there for about 8 or 9 days (can’t remember how long exactly, but at the time it seemed a VERY long time ๐Ÿ™ ) Then I had a visit from the Whoosh Fairy, and literally overnight I lost 3.5lbs ๐Ÿ™‚

I have since had a 2nd plateau of about 5 days (in my 5th week), and the Whoosh Fairy visited again with an overnight gift of 2.5lbs. So keep the faith – it will happen. I just hope you get a visit from her sooner rather than later, as it can be a little demoralising, particularly if you are being strict ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Claire0604
    on

Oh thank you sunshine-girl and Theodora for your advice ๐Ÿ™‚. It can be demoralising when i am trying really hard but reading i will get a visit from a ‘Whoosh Fairy’ has given me faith to carry on ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜. I will definitely do some research on a plateau, thanks again xxx

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I’ve plateaued several times and have never experienced the whoosh, sad to say. It doesn’t matter, though. By the end of the plateau, you’ll be so happy to see the scale move downward you won’t care what the amount of the loss is. Try not to let it get you down, focus on the day-to-day and let nature take its course.

• posted by Claire0604
    on

Thank you for your comment Esnecca , after doing some research today a plateau seems normal so my spirits have been raised. Onwards and upwards xxxxx

• posted by cmawp
    on

Hi Claire0604, what you’re experiencing is extremely common. Especially after such a rapid start – well done on that by the way.

Your body is switching over to fat burning mode and will resume normal service shortly.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Try upping the water intake and adding a little more salt to your food. If you’re sticking to 800 then there’s little else you need to do at this stage.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Claire I seem to plateau every second week! I’ll have a good loss one week then a much smaller one the next – eg Week 5 was 200g Week 6 was 1.3kg,
    The way I look at it though is no loss/small loss is better than a gain and if I keep going all the small losses will add up.
    Everyone’s metabolisms are different. I read an article last week in a Weight Watchers magazine where it said that those with Insulin Resistance (which my GP told me I have), lose weight much more slowly. My GP has told me the same thing.
    Hope the Whoosh Fairy visits you soon ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.