Hi.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MaryBee
    on

Hi…I embarked on the blood sugar diet a few months ago. I lost 1.5 stone. I have put a few lbs back on as I slipped a bit….but back in track today 😃
    I started the diet because I had been diagnosed with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome….but I felt convinced the diagnosis was wrong. I felt sure that my fatigue was linked to my weight and my diet. I was absolutely overweight by 3st and I was eating a lot of carbs and processed sugar.
    After about 2-3 weeks I found my energy levels were more steady….not increased but just nice and level. After a few more weeks, I found I had more energy. I wasn’t sure if I was just having a good spell or if the diet had made a difference. Anyway…..I slipped, as I said earlier. For a few weeks my carb and sugar increased…..and I am experiencing those horrible energy slumps, my joints hurt, my belly feels bloated. I think I might have the evidence I needed to say my diet has contributed hugely to my health!

I am not for a second suggesting that this is the case for everyone with CFS or even for anyone else with this diagnosis….but I do think it is the case for me.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Hi MaryBee, well done and it is really good to hear that this has worked so well for you, not just with the great weight loss, but with the wider health benefits you have found. I think there are a number on here (me included) who also experienced quite early on the easing of joint pain, more energy, better sleep etc, and who can also feel what the immediate effects of heavy carbage/sugar etc are . The empirical personal experiences are very interesting. Do join us on any of the threads which appeal! The more the merrier!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome, MaryBee! I just wanted to validate your observations about CFS. I also had it for 17 years, and the BSD
    was the way out of it! It’s wonderful to be a functioning person again 🙂 Sixturkeys and I both hope that you will
    join in on one of the monthly or weekly threads. We travel this road together!

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Welcome MaryBee – wonderful that you recognised what your body needed and have been able to make the changes that worked for you. Think many of us have been surprised what benefits the BSD has brought to us, over and above the loss of weight and lowering of BG level. For me the main ones were sleeping better and disappearance of low grade knee pain.
    Do hope we will be seeing you out and about on other threads, now that you have introduced yourself here.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi MaryBee,
    Welcome to the forum.
    A few weeks ago I posted a link on the Take a Look at This thread which links to a podcast by a doctor who has been researching the impact high insulin levels has on how our thyroid system works.
    I am sorry I don’t have time to chat today, but thought you may find it interesting.

• posted by MaryBee
    on

Hi again, thanks for the warm welcome😃 I will be looking around the boards later.
    As an edit to my first post, I was looking at my weight chart today and it was actually closer to 2 stone I lost (27lbs) I put 4lbs back on with my slip….but that is not insurmountable.
    I am keen to see my dr again to tell him of my increased health….but I am so well, I have no need to! 😃

Please log in or register to post a reply.