Here goes…..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Embob
    on

Today is the day, waist measurement done, current weight done! Shopped for what felt like a long time in Sainsbury’s yesterday getting all my bits and pieces so I am off on my journey! I maybe seeking your advice which I hope is okay ! I am going to take it a day at a time and hope I am still standing at the end of the 8 weeks ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Embob, I. Just noticed your post in this new thread.

Just remember to drink 2 -3 litres of water, plain, sparkling or in herbal teas, it’s really important.

Hope today goes well for you and ask away! There are plenty of us awake around the world to answer! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Embob
    on

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ I was expecting to be very hungry but I’m not at all! I am wondering if I have done something wrong :/ I made the veggie curry for tea which was delicious.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Embob
    You will find that most people are very satisfied with the food on the plan. It does usually take a few days to get rid of the carbohydrate cravings, so if you get what feel like hunger pangs over the next few days, try to ignore them. It’s just your body crying out for all the bad stuff it’s used to. they do vanish usually by the end of week 1 to week 2
    Best of luck, keep posting to let us all know how you’re doing.

• posted by Embob
    on

Thank you Bill! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Patsy
    on

I started getting hungry and craving carbs after a few days, but it didn’t last too long.

Everyone will keep telling you to drink lots of water and it really does seem to help.

• posted by Embob
    on

Thanks Patsy, the hubbie just called and asked if I wanted to go out to dinner…..I told him I am having veggie curry for the third night in a row because I made enough for three!

• posted by thepolly
    on

Lol, I made the skinny chilli from the book and ate it every day for a week, will have to cook the stuff in my freezer to make room to freeze the stuff I make too much of. I’m on day 12 today and it’s mostly going well. Think I need to eat more meals though with less calories in order to spread them out through the day more evenly as I’ve mostly been eating brunch and dinner. Lots of water does help.

I found out today that I’m type 2 diabetic so I’m glad I started eating like this already.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi thepolly, what a good job you did start this diet!
    Have you tried the dips or salads? It does get boring eating the same stuff all the time, I sympathize about a full freezer – I have a similar problem with my small freezer ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.