Help Wanted

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tracy2267
    on

Hi Everyone. I’ve not been online on the BSD site for a few weeks, but I now need help.

I’ve found the BSD plan great. No hunger, no desire for chocolate, not missing pasta, managing to drink 3 litres of water, exercising with walking and swimming and managing (just) to keep my focus. I struggle with focus in everything, but my issue here is I’m getting bored with the food I’m preparing and am starting to switch off.

Breakfast is fine. Lunch is OK. I have an allergy to seafood and fish I don’t really like, but am managing to eat at least one portion of fish a week, so I feel that I’m now really limited for things to eat and I am starting to stray back into rice/pasta recipes.

I had good results for the first two weeks, but the last two weeks I have struggled.

Now desperate!

• posted by Florasalopia
    on

Have you seen the Ditch the Carbs website. Some great recipes to use/ adapt.

• posted by fiftyfifty
    on

Hi Tracey,
    I’ve been getting a lot of inspiration from two recipe sites: one is called Elana’s Pantry and the other is Cook Eat Paleo. Although I’m not trying to follow a Paleo diet, there are similarities with the BSD and both of these are good for ideas on low carb meals and baking.
    Have a look and see what you think 🙂

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Tracey
    Have you got a spiraliser? They’re pretty cheap on Amazon, I paid just under £10 for a basic pencil sharpener type one. Courgette as a pasta alternative, but I also have it in salads a lot, and spiralized carrot is great too,. I think if you pay a little more they are a bit more versatile – Apparently Cuisique is a good one to look at.
    If you want to try it out before you buy one lots of supermarkets sell pre-spiralised courgette.

I haven’t tried it yet, but I found a good article on different methods of making cauliflower rice
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/whats-best-way-cook-cauliflower-rice

Something I make frequently is courgette frittata = 50 to 70g of spiralised courgette, microwaved and mixed into a beaten egg, then fried like an omelette – a single egg omelette is a bit paltry, but the courgetti really bulks it up. I also have it with mushrooms and cottage cheese inside the folded omelette/fritatta for a more substantial meal.

• posted by Izzy
    on

Whenever I’m sat here procrastinating, surfing online, I look up lots of low carb recipes. I have a bookmark file of them so I can look them up again to use later.

Cauliflower pizza is another good one. I like courgetti and cauli rice as well so definitely try those.

If you have any old favourites you are missing, post here and we will try to help you think of adaptations for it 🙂

• posted by Tracy2267
    on

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Have come out of my slump and am ready to try again.

Please log in or register to post a reply.