Help please. Week 9 and no loss for 3 weeks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bombalone
    on

Hello. I’d really love some advice from some people with long term success on this way of eating. I’ve been doing FAST 800 for 9 weeks with a 4-ish hour eating window. My target weight is 60kg (puts me into middle of ‘normal’ weight category) and I have been following DietDoctor recommendation of 1-1.2g protein per kg of that =60-72g protein a day. I have religiously kept carbs under 20g per day throughout. I have lost 10kg which is great but NOTHING has shifted at all (kept within same half kilo exactly) for 3 weeks and I am beginning to wonder what else I can do / give up hope. Need to shift another 10kg to be normal weight. Do I need to reduce calories further? Reduce carbs further? What can I do… I am very determined but definitely beginning to loose hope now… Help!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Please do not rely on the scales alone to measure success.
    We are advised to drink a couple of litres of water a day, each litre weighs 1 kg. So depending on where you are in the water in/out for the day that could be a difference of upto 4.4 lbs.

The reading on the scale includes the weight of what is in your digestive system. 800 calories of celery weighs much more than 800 calories of cheese.

High insulin levels do not just block your body from using your fat stores, it also blocks the body from repairing itself, from the development of strong bones, which of course weigh more.

So always look for other changes, collar bones emerging, shoe sizes dropping, as well as changes in the traditional points of measuring with a tape measure. 1 lb of fat takes up much more space than 1 lb of muscle.

It took you a long time to put that fat on, it does take time to discard it. – Instead of thinking of this as being a diet, success comes when you think in terms of it being a way of eating for life.

• posted by Bombalone
    on

Thank you JGwen for your solid advice. I guess I just need to relax and view it as more of a process that my body has to go through – and trust that I will lose again at some point… it’s that trusting it will work that I’m rubbish at! Thank you so much for taking time to write and reassure…

Please log in or register to post a reply.