Help! Pep talk please?!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by GeeWhizz
    on

Was all going so well…

Starting weight 18 st 10 lbs, goal to lose 100 lbs in total.

Week 1 – lost 12 lbs / 2 inches
    Week 2 – plateau (hormonal)
    Week 3 – lost 6.5 lbs / 1 inch
    Week 4 – lost 3lbs / 1 inch (& period)
    Week 5 – gained 1 lb so far…

…and feeling dreadful, then had a complete lapse of self control and pegged out on 3 rich tea biscuits (my daughter’s) and half a bag of mini eggs I found whilst searching for something else in the pantry!

Keep asking myself whether I REALLY want to be slim, or if I’d rather just eat cake and be fat and happy 😂 I’m assuming there’s something hormonal going on here despite just having finished my period, but finding it hard. Can anyone shout some sense into me?!

Thanks all xx

• posted by Esnecca
    on

You are not happy carrying an extra 100 pounds. You don’t binge on sugar because it makes you happy. You do it because it’s a compulsion, a habit, an addiction. The rest is rationalization and excuses. I know this for a fact, because when I started this diet I weighed more than 320 pounds and there was not a single thing about it was “happy.” In fact, it was the opposite of happiness: constant discomfort, physical pain, self-loathing, avoidance, denial, burying the hard truths of my situation under chips and pizzas.

As of this morning I weighed 172.8 pounds. I walk 20,000 steps a day, eat delicious food, feel fantastic, am out and about accomplishing all the things normal people do that for 10 years I was too miserably fat to do. I am proud of myself. This is what happy is. Not sitting on the couch cramming carbs in my maw out of boredom or to dull my senses.

This isn’t something to make light of, GeeWhizz. This is your life on the line. You’ve done great so far. Don’t throw that away or in a year or two you’ll be needing to lose a lot more than 100 pounds. Believe me. I’ve been there and it’s not living. It is a waste of life.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi GeeWhizz, Esnecca has some extremely valid points. There is so much anger and fury and denial when we get out of control. I have been there and I understand the emotions. I have struggled to try to truly figure out why it was so hard, and what I thought day by day, and why I couldn’t just ..”stop”.

So, very simply, stop.

You will not lose this weight overnight and it’s going to be a bit of a slog but you are going to come out the other side and look back and be amazed.

Stop. Tomorrow, fast as long as you can, then eat a meal very slowly (BSD friendly). Then fast as long as you can and eat again.

Continue that pattern until you feel in control, then you can add back your special can’t-live-without items.

You WILL get to eat cake again, I am living proof, BUT, just not now. Once you cut the sugar connection you are going to feel differently — you are currently under the influence of insulin.

Remember, carbohydrates drive insulin production and insulin is your fat storage hormone. As long as insulin is calling the shots, you really ARE starving and hungry and hangry because your blood sugar levels are very low. As soon as you control insulin, you will feel so much better.

Just give it a chance. 8 weeks — just try it for 8 weeks. Don’t quit — I can’t see any way to mess this up unless you quit.
    Julia

Please log in or register to post a reply.