HELP

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by stingle
    on

I was on this diet 2 years ago and IT WORKS without doubt , I got off insulin lost 2 stone and felt fabulous.
    Now I have not been well recently, I hate this time of year and have proceeded to eat as much rubbish as I can fit in to my big fat mouth over the last few months resulting in high sugars , lethargy and an enormous amount of self loathing .
    I need a real kick up
    the behind but feel I cant talk to anyone as I’ m so ashamed about undoing all my hard work – Any advice?

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Good morning from California stingle. I am reading your post at my kitchen table with the sun just lightening the sky — the dogs are licking the last of their breakfast and the cat has gone off to find a warm spot for his all-day nap.
    Having been where you are, I know exactly how frustrating it is and how mad you are at all of it (and yourself).
    My advice is to just “start again”. That’s the only way I got there. I had a steep learning curve and it just took me some time to get the BSD principles into my head.
    I had to read and re-read the BSD book over and over and I “started over” day after day after day (after day).
    Can you get a copy of Gary Taubes book, “Why We Get Fat and What To Do About It”? It is the perfect companion book to the BSD and somehow understanding WHY I had struggled so long made all the difference to HOW I saw myself and the BSD diet.
    It became a new way of life for me, not a diet anymore and that is how it finally “clicked” for me.
    Start again today. Every day you keep at it, whether well done or not-so-well-done, will build up over time and you will get there.
    just start again

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Well stingle you do have someone to talk to -US there are lots of here listening to you and knowing exactly where you are coming from. I myself lost 25lbs then slowly put back 10lbs with various visitors and holidays and a cruise and Christmas – it just keeps adding up. Although I have never truly left it as it controls my blood glucose, I have at times stopped counting the calories and having too many wines with the odd one turning into the odd 2 or 3. Hey ho, we are all human. Lets get back on it with determination and motivation and just go for it. AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN. Or as I usually say, keep on keeping on…

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, stingle! I completely agree with californiagirl’s (Hi Julia) literary
    recommendation. Taubes book changed my life to the tune of 148lbs
    lost and maintained for 9 months. From that point onward, I’ve never
    looked at any food with the same eyes as before. Best of luck to
    ‘you!

Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Welcome, stingle.
    You have come to the right place if you need to offload / rant, or could do with help, support, encouragement, and yes, sometimes a kick up the backside if necessary.

One of the best things about this forum is that nobody is judgmental and no matter how many times you fall off the wagon, someone will reach out a hand to you and pull you firmly back on. You can do this – you’ve done it before, you can do it again. Start NOW.

Good luck, and keep us posted on progress.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Don’t look backwards and don’t abuse yourself in thought, word or deed. What’s happened has happened. You absorb the hard lesson and use it to fortify your resolve as you move forward on the BSD. You need all your resources and strength to take on a lifestyle change of this depth. Mortifying yourself will only debilitate you and hold you back. This is an active thing, stingle. You have to stop morbid, self-hating thoughts in the moment. I mean, literally stay “STOP!” out loud and then redirect your thinking to emphasize your successes and to plan and organize your meals for even more success.

You’ve done the BSD before and you rocked it out. Once you get past that first week or so, the carb flu, the cravings, your confused body unsure of what it’s supposed to do now that you’ve removed its laziest source of non-nourishment, you’ll have energy galore to propel you towards your weight loss and fitness goals. No fear. No living in the past. Not one step backwards.

Good luck!

• posted by Yams1979
    on

Yep, I need help too!! Really have to get my act together or I’ll be back where I started. Starting in the next day or 2. Might try get that book, it sounds interesting

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Firstly, this is absolutely the place to come to offload and vent, when things slip out of your control. No one here will judge you for confessing to being human and making mistakes.

Please don’t waste time beating yourself up for something you can’t now alter. You have recognised that you have made an error in judgement and all you can do now is chalk it up to experience, learn from it and move forward on a better path.

Stingle and Yams1979 – refocus and begin afresh. You both KNOW you can do this and we all believe in you too. Keep posting and we’ll keep supporting and encouraging.

• posted by stingle
    on

Hello everyone Thanks so much for your advice and encouragement . I think my depression had kicked in when I wrote this post but I’m on the mend now and I actually had only put 1 stone on of the two I lost so not as bad as I thought (it never is) – Its great to feel not judged but the worst critic is always yourself isn’t it. I feel able to start again with a fresh head and will keep you posted
    Again Thank you x

• posted by Squidge
    on

I’m glad you’re feeling less depressed now, Stingle. Hopefully as well as feeling lighter emotionally, you’ll be physically lighter too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.