Help

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by becia
    on

Hi everyone I really need help with my sweet cravings because I really want to succeed with this diet but only manage to last till evening.After stuffing my face I feel guilty and keep promising myself to start fresh next day with the same result .I’ve been doing like this for the past 2 weeks , and I will really appreciate your help and advise how to overcame this .

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I used a kind of stepped approach. First craving attack, get a glass of water and drink it, slowly. This stops more than you might think it would. Second attack have a small spoonful of Greek yoghurt or peanut butter. Usually that sorted it out, but if you get a third attack try distraction. A hot bath, with candles etc. or start a new book. If that doesn’t work then repeat step 2 and go for over calories, but not the carbs. While you keep eating the carbs, the cravings will keep coming back, and the best bit about this WOE is being largely craving free now.

• posted by becia
    on

Thank you Mixnmatch I will defiantly try this .

• posted by Pollygarter
    on

Mix n match’s advice is good. I’m new at this again and tonight mint tea worked the first time. Then a couple of nuts. Then an early night to keep out of the kitchen! Whatever works eh?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Can I just jump in here and say that I read lots of posts about (1) cravings and (2) hunger. I know I suffered with a bit of hunger in the beginning but not much in cravings as I dont have a sweet tooth. Can I just reassure you all that once you have been on this diet for a while they will be a thing of the past. I still stick to 800 calories and do 4 or 8 weeks of that so I am not on some other diet but the hunger just goes. If I do get pangs I always have something in the fridge that I can turn to without blowing the calories and only because I am diabetic and know when I really need something to eat. The advice from mixnmatch is sound but just wanted you to know it wont be forever.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You might try a small piece of cheese or a coffee/tea with a spoon of cream. Keeping the proteins and fats up helps to squash cravings and hunger pangs. Fruit teas might help as well, as long as they are the bag variety and not granules which are basically just sugar.

Hope you have better success in resisting the carbs, using some of the dodges suggested so far. I wonder how you are using your 800 cals a day and if you are being too stick with yourself during the day and that when you get to eat later in the day, find that you have to have more than the calories left to use? Could be worth reviewing your eating patterns may be and trying a tweak or too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.