Hello – Newbie attempting the BSD Fast 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Saint Chris
    on

That’s it. I’ve had enough and I’m sick and tired of being overweight. Years of neglect and destruction has to stop. I’m 43 and a T2 diabetic.

When I was first diagnosed 11 years ago I was a massive 19 stone (266lbs) had high BP 190/113, high cholesterol and was a ticking time bomb, a stroke or heart attack waiting to happen. I was only 32 years of age. What had I done to myself?
    With a combination of fear, and determination I managed to sort myself out and over a couple of years lost 6 and a half stone (91lbs). I was still overweight but I felt so much better. Ever since I’ve been gradually putting the weight back on and I’m now at that tipping point where if I don’t sort myself out I’ll be back to square one.

My weight as I stepped of the scales this morning was 15 stone (210lbs). I’m now determined to do this. I already exercise (Gym 3 days a week and lunch time walks) so the moving more bit is sorted, I just need to control what I eat. I have lost 18lbs so far this year so progress is being made albeit very slowly. Why is it that I can put 4 or 5 lbs on in a day, but it takes weeks to lose the same amount?

When my wife showed me an article about the BSD I decided that I should give it a go.
    I’ve ordered the book which should be here by the weekend. So the idea is to use next week as a preparation week while I read the book and sort the kitchen cupboards out, meaning I should officially start on 23rd May.

This gives me 9 weeks before we fly to Portugal for our summer Holiday. I wonder how much I can lose before we get on that plane? I’d like at least 1 and a half stone but we’ll see

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Chris
    that’s achievable
    I started at 16:9 and lost just under 2 stones in the first 8 weeks without any extra exercise.
    Follow the book closely making sure you eat enough fat from full fat dairy and olive oil etc and make sure to drink the 2 to 3 litres of non sugary fluids per day. <-This is important, I can’t stress it enough. Try to keep the complex carbs down, many of us are doing 50g per day, and you should be very close to target by the time your holidays come around.

Best of luck

• posted by sianeyb
    on

Well done for starting . I sympathise and can relate to your story so much. I have completed 7 weeks now and have lost 2 1/2 stone. No reason to think you cannot achieve the same if not more than this. I am not as active as I should be but aiming to improve in the next few weeks. This does work, get over the first week and its easy, keep lots of salad, berries , full fat yogurt and make everything yourself to be successful. Best of luck and think of the speedos!

Please log in or register to post a reply.