Hello all!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ditchedthemet
    on

I was diagnosed T2 on the 1st October this year and immediately changed the way I eat and live. Started on LCHF diet back on the 1st November but the calories in what I was consuming meant that weight loss is not happening!
    Hubby diagnosed with high blood pressure and Doctor suggested looking into MM’s diet. So I bought both the BSD books and the fasting 800. Yes! This is where I have been going wrong!
    Today I spoke to my DN and told her I was not going to take Metformin any more (been on 3 different sorts- all bad) and she has given me 3 months to make a difference to my Bg levels.
    Looking forward to proving I can do it!!

• posted by RubyG
    on

I can only say best wishes to you both, there are lots of very knowledgeable people on here.

My husband was diagnosed pre-diabetic in October, and we have been on the BSD for 4 weeks now – he has lost 21 lbs in those 4 weeks, his BP has come down sufficiently for him to come off the Amlopidine, and is hovering around the 120/70-something mark, so we are hoping to reduce the Ramipiril dose soon.

He doesn’t measure BG levels, but the idea is that his next HbA1c sometime next year should be back in the normal range. He does have the support of his GP in following this, which is also helpful.

Good luck!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Ditchedthemet, glad you have joined us, you are both very welcome. As you have already ditched the Metformin (yes, it did the same to me) I wont give advice regarding watching your BG numbers but if you do go too low because you are not eating very much you can always have a small snack like a piece of chicken or ham. Shout out if you need any help but if you stick with the BSD you should have great results for when you next see your DN and have your HbA1c.

on

Thank you so much for the welcomes!

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi DitchedtheMet
    I’ve just read your post. I was prescribed Metformin when I was first diagnosed with Type II diabetes. I decided not to take it and try diet only for 3 months like you. I’m glad to say it worked. I also followed the BSD (it was pre-Fast 800). I did the 800 cals but also went low carb. You can definitely do it!.
    Best wishes
    Jennie xx
    NB If you’ve been doing LCHF you might have come across the diet doctor website already but if not I found the visual guides to the amount of carbs in different foods really helpful. https://www.dietdoctor.com/?s=visual+guides.

• posted by freester
    on

Hello and welcome. Like your husband I was pointed in the direction of the BSD by my GP to sort out BP after hovering around the marginal line for waaaay too long and him threatening to medicate.

This was last January. I am now 3.5 stone lighter. BP way below the NHS recommended and I feel and look great!

You won’t look back.

on

Thanks for the heads up re diet doctor Jennie, they are really helpful guides. Yes I’m following the BSD but with lchf. I have to say though that my weight loss is incredibly frustrating as there isnt any!
    Freester and all you give me the inspiration to carry on!

Please log in or register to post a reply.