Hello All 😊

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by NurseDee
    on

Hi Everyone…. Type 2 Diabetic with raised BGL and 3 stones in weight to lose. I just bought the book online…eagerly awaiting on its arrival! 😊

• posted by Hedds
    on

Morning NurseDee,
    Welcome, Hope your book arrives soon. I have the kindle version on my iPad but have also ordered the book as it will be easier to access the recipes. I have 5 stone to lose and borderline between pre and type 2. My fasting BG was 8 on Monday when I measured it, now it is 6.2 after only 2 days on the BSD. The recipies are very good, I have tried four up to now and even the family including a very grumpy teenager loved the chicken with lentils.
    Good luck πŸ˜€πŸ‘

• posted by sheilaslims
    on

Hallo everyone, good luck with the diet! I got the book, Kindle version, on Sunday and have followed it since. I don’t know what my blood sugar is but I know it was high last year although not diabetic. Moorfields asked me if I was diabetic when they took blood! Big amount to lose, 46lbs. I’ve told no-one except my husband as I don’t want to hear them all telling me its not enough calories etc etc. I’m too scared to try any of the dessert recipes yet as my sweet tooth might go overboard! My aim is to lose weight, come off the 3 BP meds, Omeprazole, Statins and the inhalers…
    I’ll post every Sunday so I can keep track and more importantly stay on track.
    I had a strange night on Monday, I could feel my heart racing and slept very badly and felt very disturbed…been OK since. Just wondered if this is a typical reaction – thought maybe big blood sugar drop?

• posted by NurseDee
    on

Hi Hedds! Thats quite a drop in 2 days…well done! I am hoping to do this with my family as well..they are terribly fussy though πŸ˜•. Good luck….do keep us posted on how ur doing 😊

Hi Sheilaslims….i too am hoping to come off BP meds and statins….i am sure that we can do it! Good luck! 😊

Please log in or register to post a reply.