Hello ๐Ÿ˜„

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I’m 65 with diet controlled T2 diabetes. After a visit to the diabetes nurse for an HbA1c which I knew would not be great (for me) I was in the bookshop when this book launched itself at me. I read it, and then read it again. Following a phone call from the nurse with my test result, where Metformin was mentioned, I politely told her, no thanks. Then told her about this book. She was impressed as she know someone who has been doing 5:2 and doing well. I said I would start if on 1/1/16, but then decided to begin immediately. I tested my Bg that night, then fasting the following morning 19/12/15. Fasting Bg that morning was 10.9. Now, after 4 weeks on the plan, my fasting Bg is consistently in the 5s. At bedtime my Bg is in the 4s or 5s. I have lost 16 pounds in weight and 7 inches from my waist. My blood pressure has also dropped. The diabetes nurse is now following the plan herself, although she is not diabetic herself. She is delighted with my results so far, is monitoring my blood pressure and is repeating the HbA1c in March to see how much it has improved. I feel so much better and am delighted I started the plan when I did.

• posted by CTO
    on

It is heartening to hear from other people’s success and the drop on sugar levels

Please log in or register to post a reply.