Healthy New Me – Part 2

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone.Morning Nokie and Yowzer.I hope you’re both managing to grab some sleep, I’ve had a few 4am wakes recently Nokie and no breathing technique I would usually use has worked.I’m so sorry to hear of your family worries and can imagine your brain was probably working overtime keeping you awake.Yowzer well done on the 10lb loss.my 7 days healthy eating just hasn’t happened!I have been eating everything in sight tbh, mainly chocolate.I have woken today feeling really determined though after watching some utube videos last night which came up on my feed regarding the damage sugar does to the body, I obviously already know that but sometimes I think I just need to rewatch scientists explaining exactly what happens.It has also reminded me that my sugar cravings have disappeared completely in the past when I have stuck strictly to low carb/sugar so, despite it seeming mad when Easter is only a few days away, I’m restarting with determination today.It’s ages since I’ve felt this strongly about wanting to get back to this woe, I feel like I did when I first tried it (probably 4 or 5 years ago, I can’t believe it’s been that long! ) so I’m strapping myself into a bus seat, I can’t remember when this journey ends but I will stay in my seat until the next one.
    Yowzer my lovely f-I-L is still in hospital and will be for at least another month.He’s still not great and having to feed through a tube in his nose as his swallow reflex hasn’t returned yet.He does recognise us and remembers some things but we are not sure yet if his memory will return properly.He will need speech therapy and physio.I believe it’s a long process but we still hope he will get back to normal and return home at some stage🤞
    Will finish there for now, I’m sending positive vibes out to everyone like me who is struggling for the umpteenth time, this time is the one where we crack this once and for all🎉
    Dawn ❤️

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi Dawn yowzer and friends 🤗
    Thanks to you both for your replies yes I had an hours sleep 🛌 after I wrote my mows down!! It really helps getting it off your chest
    I think it’s because at the time I think I am the only one mad enough to stuff my face when things go wrong then realise I am not alone
    Well done yowzer on your 10 pds loss Very proud of you Dawn I hope your f i l feels a bit better soon
    I am running 🏃‍♀️ to catch up on the bus 🚌 look out for me and keep my 💺 warm I will join you all AGAIN on the next one but I have forgotten when it starts 🫤
    Happy Easter 🐣 everyone and thanks again for advice
    Love nokie x🐣🐣🐣

• posted by Derma
    on

Hi all thank you for all the positive messages to keep us all motivated. I’ve reached my goal weight and I am now doing TRE as suggested by JGwen which seems to be working. I’m keeping my carbs low to give my self some wriggle room without worrying too much about calories. Fingers crossed that this continues to work.
    Norma

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys, the library fairy has popped an appropriate video in front of me today that may help those of you beating themselves up about stress eating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQgYcF9O3TQ The whole video is helpful reminder of the benefits of controlling insulin, but just before 30 minutes he moved on to how our bodies are designed to respond to stress by making blood sugar available to enable us to fight or flight.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, I’m sorry so many are going through difficult times at the moment. It does make it tough to stick to any plan.

Yowzer, my son in law has been in and out of the psych hospital over the past couple of weeks. Initially they sent him home with no planned follow up and no instructions except to be in a’ low stress’ environment. Really. Their two year old is having serial plasters for an ankle problem, my daughter is pregnant and the new baby has only one kidney. She has gestational diabetes this pregnancy as well. Since he’s not working they don’t have enough money to pay their rent. So not really low stress.

Anyway, since he was so clearly not coping they have made a plan, tackled changes to his medications and organised psychologist support so hopefully things will improve now.

It’s been really hard and very busy, trying to help my daughter and grandson while working full time. I’ve completely lost my appetite and even when I prepare a meal I sit looking at it, unable to eat. So I am losing weight but hardly in a healthy way. 4kg in 3 weeks, hope it doesn’t come right back on when my appetite returns!
    Luckily my little dog needs exercise so at least I get out into fresh air every day which always makes me feel better.
    Best wishes to you all for Easter and for the challenges we are all facing.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, it’s a bit lonely here! Where are you all?
    I am up 100g this week, not a surprise after easing off over easter. Two small eggs and too many hot cross buns.
    My daughter has a date for induction for her new baby which is exciting, 29/5. I am taking all June off to help her as the news had a bad affect on my son in law and he has had to seek more help. I am so sorry for him, he is filled with self loathing and self blame but I know he’s not doing this deliberately. Anyway, all we can do is keep on keeping on.
    On a happier note, my mum has bounced back after having a pacemaker installed, you would never take her for nearly 89 so that makes us all so relieved.
    I hope things are easing up for you all. Would love to hear how you are all going.

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello mariet
    Lovely to hear from you I haven’t been on for a while as lot going on in family glad your daughter has her date and your mum has had a successful op 🩵
    I am not doing so well with diet and thus weekend will be bad as I am going to Newcastle on train today until Sunday to see my granddaughter s as I haven’t seen them since august it’s a long journey and I know my diet will go out the window 🪟 for another 2 days 🤣 my next appointment with doc for blood tests is beginning of June so I am determined to get back on 🚌 from Monday and try and eat sensibly (how many times have I said that!!!)
    Anyway hope everyone else is okay have a good weekend
    Be in touch soon hope the next 🚌 is coming soon
    Lv nokie x🩵

• posted by Andrew Myers
    on

Am nearly 10 weeks in, finishing at 12 weeks. Have lost 2 stone 1lb,( down from 17.6 to 15.5) 69 year old male vegetarian. Partner has lost 1stone 6lbs
    Porridge for breakfast with blueberries and chia, either omelette or a soup for lunch, and variety of the main courses with Quorn for tea.
    Its taken determination, no bread,sweets,rice or pasta, nor alcohol. But our fridge looks really healthy.
    For those who worry, you can do it.
    The dog is not happy, he lost my cereal milk, my sandwich bits, and also the scraps of tea which I never now leave.
    Its not easy, but trying to stay alive never was.

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hello Andrew
    I am away from home at the moment seeing my grandchildren it’s 1 am !! I can’t sleep and have just read your message 😀
    Thankyou I have been feeling so despondent and when I read your message it’s given me the kick I needed not sure why but THANK YOU 🙏
    I am really going to try hard from Monday for the next 8 weeks before I have my next check at doctors as you say life is not easy but I need to be healthy
    Congratulations to you and your wife will keep in touch and let everyone know how I am getting on
    Hope everyone had a good weekend
    Nokie 🩵👍

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Hi everyone, and apologies for being MIA recently. It has been an incredibly busy time, mostly with moving my mother down to be near me. That happened over the Easter weekend and there is still a lot to do to get her fully settled in. But so far so good. Like many others, my diet has been a bit on the back burner, but thankfully I’ve managed to maintain during this period – it could have been a lot worse!

I start my new job on Monday and NOKIE, like you, want to make a fresh start diet-wise too. It just feels like it has been a long bleak winter in so many ways, and I’m hoping for better things. DAWN I’m glad you’re strapped into your seat too. We WILL do this!! How is your FILdoing?

ANDREW, great to hear from you and I’m so pleased that you and your partner are seeing such success. Well done! It’s really inspiring for those of us who have done the diet before, but are now flagging a bit, to remind us of what is possible. Do keep us posted!

YOWZER what an amazing loss you posted recently too. 10lb! Very well done! I hope that the loss may help with your walking?

MARIET I’m so glad that your mum’s op went well, and it’s also great news about your daughter. I’m sorry to hear about your SIL’s ongoing issues and can only hope he gets the help he needs to start getting better. I’m sure you will be a tremendous support to them all.

Hello to everyone else on here too – CATHY, SUE, JGWEN, DERMA, FUZZYJAMMIES – and anyone else I’ve managed to miss. Hope to hear from you soon.

Let’s all have a think about the next thread? This one was originally till the end of April but we can just keep it going? Or start a new one if you prefer? I definitely want to stay on the bus for the foreseeable future and really hope that I might now have the headspace, time and willpower to really knuckle down and get to goal weight rather than just drifting aimlessly along as I feel I’ve been doing so far in 2023. What about you?

• posted by Nokie
    on

Hi Dreamscometrue
    Lovely to hear from you and all your comments
    I really want to be on the next bus 🚌 so save me a 💺 please
    Have a good weekend everyone
    Lv nokie 🩵

on

NOKIE hope you had a great weekend with your granddaughter? You are not very far from where I just moved my mother!

I start my new job today and have woken up with a new determination to get back on track. I an hoping that more regular working hours, plus (hopefully!) better weather, will give me more time to focus on diet and exercise. I’d like to be at goal weight by the end of June, which means losing around a stone.

So if we have 2 weeks left on this thread, and I then set up the next one (Healthy New Me – Part 3) for 8 weeks to run through May and June it is a realistic timescale to get there. I know it can be done and also know that I’ve let things slide recently. I’m not beating myself up as it has been a very busy and stressful time for all sorts of reasons. But it feels as if it’s now time to make a fresh start and refocus on my own wellbeing.

I hope that everyone reading this does really well for the rest of this thread, and/or may also join the new thread for May and June.

Have a good week! X

• posted by Nokie
    on

Good morning dreams cometrue

How strange I should be near your mother! I had a lovely time with my granddaughters the eldest one is 18 in may and we had Saturday shopping 🛍️ in Newcastle I am broke now!! I came home yesterday on train 🚂 long journey but it was worth it
    Like you I need to loose a stone and although it’s my bday tomorrow and we are out for a meal I am still starting again today I know I can do this as I have said many times before 🤣 but it’s no joke now I have to sit still or glue myself to the seat 💺 on the 🚌
    I am on the next thread and hopefully will be my gold weight by the end of that journey
    Have a good week everyone
    Nokie x🩵

• posted by Derma
    on

Hi everyone I have followed the TRE as suggested by JGwen and I have actually lost a further 3lbs which is great as I’m about to go away with friends to beautiful Cardiff in our campervan for 3 nights. This means eating out so not able to control my carbs exactly as I would prefer but fingers crossed as I have my blood test on my return. And I haven’t had to worry do my clothes fit like I normally do. Love this forum!! Norma

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Hello everyone and nice to read your news. I hope your first day at your new job went well today Dreamscometrue . I was back at the vaccination centre today- it was so busy. I am definitely joining in the part 3 thread and aim to lose 1 stone on the next stint. I’m still trying to find out what works for me and still struggling with my weight. I’m going to go back to basics on Friday this week and take it from there. My son came home this weekend and he is doing keto and looked amazing so he has inspired me to get my fast 800 keto recipe book out and work hard. He eats meat and fish so it’s easier for him. Being a vegetarian its hard finding keto recipes and my cholesterol is raised so have to be mindful of too much cheese!! He said he didn’t lose any weight for two weeks and then it started to drop. I will try fasting and keto and low carb and throw as much of my knowledge at trying to lose weight. Why is it so much harder than it was when I first went low carb in 2017? I am so cross with myself for allowing the weight to creep back on. Can you believe I weighed 130 lbs at my lowest? I am now nearer to 160 lb! I am so disappointed with myself!

on

Hi CATHY good to hear from you, and looking forward to being “loose a stone buddies”. Like you, I’m disappointed in myself that I lost so much weight when I first started this WOE but some of it had stealthily crept back on.

DERMA hello and I’m so glad that TRE is working well for you. I’ve had good results from it too in the past, so need to get back in the groove. Enjoy your time in Cardiff, and hope you manage to eat what is good for you.

NOKIE- glad you had a good time away, and please do join the lose a stone club! Wishing you a very happy birthday for tomorrow, and look forward to travelling with you on the next thread! X

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone and happy birthday Nokie🎉Sorry I’ve been meaning to post all week.My enthusiasm has dwindled a bit since my last post so I’m going to watch some more inspiring videos to get it back!DCT thanks for asking about my f-I-L.He is still in hospital and if I had posted a few days ago I would have said his progress in very slow but in the last week, since having his feeding tube removed, he has gone from only being able to swallow a little yoghurt and tiny sips of water, to eating more solid food and managing to hold a cup of water himself.His speech is also improving.Hopefully physio will lead to him being able to walk again.We had no idea when he had a fall in the garden 7 weeks ago that it would lead to such a worrying time.
    I’m definitely still in my seat for the rest of this journey and for part 3 too.Dawn ❤️

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Hello all and a very happy belated birthday Nokie 🥳
    Andrew – thanks for your words, they really resonated with me, especially your last sentence about staying alive 🙂
    Derma – well done on your loss.
    Dawn – I’m glad that your FIL is doing better. I hear you about the after effects of a fall, I’m still coming to terms with the huge changes my MILs fall has brought about. It set off a chain of events that we are still grappling with.

I’d love to join the Stoners 🙂 losing a stone would be great for me. I need to lose 4kg (8lb) to get down to the low weight I got to last year

• posted by SueBlue
    on

I accidentally submitted my post before finishing.
    8lb would see me get back to where I was 6 months ago, and then I still want to lose more after that, another stone at least. So losing one stone in part 3 would be perfect 🙂
    I’m going to use the rest of this journey to get back into healthy habits. TRE is definitely one of them, as this has been successful for me in the past. Another one is meal planning and preparation, something I’ve got out of the habit of doing in recent months. Then exercise, I want to try and build up some muscles to help support my joints.

Cathy – i remember how successful you were in 2017. But that was 6 years ago now, and we of course are 6 years older – I wonder if metabolism changes have anything to do with it being harder to lose weight now? Also I was reading a post by a dietician I follow and she was saying that weight loss can stall due to a diet being too restrictive, or for hormonal reasons (among others). I guess all we can do is keep on keeping on! Thanks for the reminder about the Keto recipe book – I have that one also so will dig it out on the weekend and use it to plan my meals 🙂

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Hi everyone, hope you’re all having a good week so far.The slightly warmer weather yesterday had me reaching for a lighter top which I haven’t worn since last year and my mid section looked the biggest it ever has in it😫I really need to get to grips with getting back to the basics of this woe.Sue you’ve reminded me I need to start doing a food plan again, it’s been quite a while since I did that regularly and also TRE always worked well for me too.I haven’t weighed myself recently but I would imagine I have about 20lbs to lose to get to where I was last year then another stone to go after that so would love to have the 20 off by the end of Part 3 if possible🤞Dawn X

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done ANDREW and Partner! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏 thunderous applause,thats a great loss between the two of you! Keep going,either losing more or maintaining, and DERMA too,well done,onwards and downwards! X
    SUE you make a good point..I too had lost a whole shedload of weight in 2017,and it hadnt occurred to me Im now 6 years older ( though im aware I deffo look it!)X
    CCATHY and DCT I hear you…I am very unhappy with myself about re – gaining..I notice nobody mentions ive regained weight,which is a bit embarrassing,feels a bit like Im literally the elephant in the room ! 😄 but i understand why they dont.,so i mention it just to get it over with. How are you both getting on at work ? X
    NOKIE belated happy birthday! 🥳🥳 Hope you had lots of cake …and wine!X
    DAWN im pleased to hear FIL is doing better..its awful how disastrous a fall can be as we get older,glad hes making progress X
    Hello to everyone ( waves!) hope y’all happy and well X XXXXX
    🌷🌷As for me,I will be chucked off the bus as ive been calorie counting, not carb counting,over the last two weeks. Not a great idea but its meant ive kept the ten pounds off,even though i went on celebrating Easter far longer than I should have! Im going to do a week or two on Huel shakes( other shakes available) and will be carb counting while doing that,so maybe i can still cling on to m seat on the bus? 🌻🌻

Just keep going peeps,we can only try our best. As Theodore Roosevelt said,..
    💕💕“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”💕💕

on

Hello everyone
    It seems there are a few of us determined to get that pesky excess stone off once and for all! My son came home last week and he had been low carbing and he looked amazing! Today I have started a two week alternate day fast! It’s an experiment to see how I get on with it. I’m using all my knowledge to get results. All fast cookery books at the ready! It was interesting to reflect on the six year gap since I lost my weight and got down to below goal!! Seems a pipe dream
    now.! I agree that age, metabolic rate etc all have a part to play. Anyway, I’ll report back on my fast. I’ve got the Jason Fung intermittent fasting book which I like and with some hard work and effort I should see some sort of result after two weeks. Let’s see how it goes. Yowser, good luck with your Huel fortnight- I’ve tried Huel and it’s good that it’s full of vitamins and minerals and filling. I liked the coffee one. I think that when we do our two week experiments and see some loss it will inspire us. I am going to mix things up every two weeks so I might well invest in some Huel for one of my fortnights!
    Let’s get this bus rocking!! We all seem motivated we just need to put in the effort and enjoy the reward.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, haven’t been posting but I’m still plugging away. I’m in for the next round and hopefully another stone off, the last one I think. I’m down one stone since the beginning of the year.

In 2017 I got down to 2 stone less than I am now but I was horrified at how I looked when I wasn’t actively smiling- gaunt, worn. If I lose one stone now I will be in the middle of the overweight range and there’s evidence that that’s healthier for an older woman (64…)

To be honest I’m amazed that I’ve lost a stone so far this year. Usually stress makes me eat and eat but this time I can’t look at food.

I’m glad there will be a few of us continuing on, well done For perseverance to everyone who’s here!

on

Hi everyone. Just catching up with your posts.

MARIET a stone’s loss is fantastic – well done! I’m really pleased for you and have no doubt you will be able to shed that other stone. I do know what you mean though about not aiming to lose more than looks well on you, if that makes sense. My long term goal has been 133lb and in 2019 I was nearly there, hovering around 135-136lb for quite some time. But at the time I wasn’t too well and didn’t look good . . I don’t think it was the weight though, as I’d been taking drugs for something else that were causing unpleasant side effects. So it was all a kind of jumble of lots of things. But I’m mindful as I pursue my goal that I’m looking at the bigger picture of my overall health and wellbeing not just numbers on the scales. Mind you, I did still have a larger belly than I would have liked, even at the lower weight!

YOWZER thanks for your post too. You say you’ve regained weight but you’re still doing a great job getting it off again! Onwards and downwards I say! Thanks for the good wishes re the job. I’m working back at my old school but just at lunchtimes in the library. The arrangement is great for me as it’s fixed hours, close to home, and a lovely job that is interesting and sociable but not too stressful. Until recently I’d been doing a sales job that had become far more than it was ever intended to be so I’m starting to feel much less stressed now, and it also dovetails in well with having my mum living near. Also works well for my eating plan as I’m now having 2 meals a day : I start work at 12 so have a healthy brunch at around 11 then main meal around 6-7.

CATHY good luck with your Alternate Day Fast. I think it’s a great idea to ring the changes and try different approaches to see what gains the best results. Let us know how you’re getting on. I hope all is going well at the vaccination centre?

Hello to everyone else too, and hope you’re all ok despite all the various family issues going on between us.

I’ll set up the next thread to start next Monday, 1st May, and run until the end of June so that those who want to can do another 8 week stint!

Have a good week everyone X

on

Hello and hope you’re all doing your best.
    I am on my two week trial of alternate days fasting and so far so good. I am going to weigh myself after two weeks. Can’t bear the thought of seeing no loss when I’m trying so hard. After this fortnight it’s going to be one meal a day for a fortnight . I listened to a podcast which said that one meal a day yielded a 2lb per week weight loss whereas ADF yielded 1.8 lb loss in a week loss. One meal a day is easier but I had already committed to my two week trial when I heard the podcast so I am sticking with my plan. The next thread beginning next week will hopefully see me achieve my goal weight! I’m that committed to getting into my summer clothes and getting rid of my excess fat once and for all. I’m giving this 100% commitment and effort!!
    It’s good to hear you’re enjoying your new job DCT. I’m happy to be back at the vaccination centre. Always fun and games!!
    Mariet- well done in your stone loss but sorry that you’ve been so stressed. Like you, I eat more when stressed.
    I’ll post my progres and updates as I continue on my journey to find out how to lose my weight!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Cathy and everyone.

I came across an interesting video today that was a lightbulb moment for me and you may find helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiYuTP5ac8Y if you are not into autophagy then fast forward to about 20 minutes into the video. He explains that for some of us who have been IR for a long time we may have reached the point where our body struggles to burn fat. While some people may be able to quickly revert to being metabolically flexible and easily switch to ketosis some of us need to do longer fasts for a while to get our body to switch to fat burning.

When I moved from counting carbs to trying to achieve ketosis I found that I had to be under 20g of carbs and just a slight slip would throw me out of ketosis and it would take a couple of days for me to get back in. It would make sense that I was in this category. He suggests that anyone who struggles to loose weight eating low carb could be in this category.

• posted by Derma
    on

Just watched the video Jgwen very interesting thank you for posting. It has answered a lot of questions I had.
    Norma

on

Hi JGwen
    Thank you for posting the video- I watched it this morning and was almost late setting off for work! It’s amazing how clever the science of diet and metabolism really is and how ignorant most of us are about what actually happens in our bodies . Wouldn’t it have been great to have been taught this knowledge at school instead of learning about ox bow lakes!! The reason I am doing 36 hour alternate day fasts is because the low carb way of eating doesn’t seem to be working for me now: I am just starting my fourth fast this week and I am hoping it will help me shed my excess weight. Having seen the video and taken on board the benefits of autophagy I know I am doing my body no harm whatsoever in eating less and fasting longer. If this works for me then I am prepared to stick to this way of eating. I’ve been re reading the Jason Fung intermittent fasting book and watching YouTube and I’m hoping I’ve found a way to get some weight moving!
    I hope you’re doing well with your heart issues.
    I’ll report back on Saturday after my first week of ADF and update on my progress.
    Yowser- how is your Huel week going?

on

Hello everyone
    Just reporting in my first weeks weight loss of 3lb. I’ve done three 36 hour fasts and a 24 hour fast. I’m going to do another couple of 36 hour fasts this week and then am going to see how one meal a day works for me. I’m hoping to lose 20lb in 10 weeks. I’ve been focused and I can’t say it was easy towards the end of the week especially being back at work. Nice to see a loss and JGwen’s post this week confirmed what I knew about low carb not being enough anymore for me to lose weight. So onwards and downwards for me. Week two commenced today . I’ve eaten berries and yoghurt this morning and will fast again from 8 pm tonight.
    Hope I’m now on a losing trend – it’s been such a difficult journey this last year or so. I do feel better and I think I look better so as well as weight loss I am sure the longer fasts are doing good work inside my body!
    Have a lovely weekend everyone.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Cathy,
    I think that fasting more than 16 to 20 hours is a key point for our bodies. Its around that time that the body runs out of glucose and has to switch to fat burning, but its rusty in making that switch so it tries to get us to eat. One piece of advice which was really helpful to me was to time the start of my fast so that I would be asleep during those difficult hours.
    I also used to find that day 2 and day 3 of a fast I felt rough, cold and lacking energy. Perhaps that is linked to the fact that it takes 50 hours of fasting before we get to the baseline insulin levels. Again after a few extended fasts that isn’t a problem now.
    I do have a big incentive this month to maximise the length of fasts. – The cardiac nurses don’t understand the benefits of low carb and fasting so the drugs they keep prescribing have all sorts of unpleasant side effects unless you eat a high carb diet. I have read all the research papers on how different fasting protocols reduce blood pressure and want to use those to get my bp down as much as possible before my next appointment with them on the 11th of may. The biggest drop comes from a 10 day fast, but ADF for a month does make a noticeable difference. I am now 22 hours away from finishing my first 10 fast. But actually I think I may extend it a little so that if the stories about the possible effects on the digestive system of reintroducing food are correct it will not be embarrassing. I will have a couple of days refeeding and then start another long fast so that I am in the fasted state at the time of the appointment. (According to Megan that’s the protocol they follow with very ill patients that come into Dr Fungs clinic.)

on

Hello everyone
    I’m fasting again today and I agree with you JGwen, it does feel easier. If I get the desired result from my effort then it will have been worth it and I’m mainly experimenting at the moment to see what works for me. JGwen you must have a very very strong mind to be able to fast for 10 days consecutively. I know you have a lot at stake and are fighting the establishment and I really hope that they wake up to modern research. My weight loss experiment experiment is going to last for 10 weeks to take me to the end of June so I’ll be hopping on the next bus when it comes round the corner.
    one if my neighbours yesterday came out with a classic one liner- if you fast you store your fat! I politely informed him of the benefits of extended fasting!
    Looking forward to boarding the next bus and riding along with you all.
    Can you imagine how light the load is going to be when we have all lost that stone we are trying to shed!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just a quick hi to my bus buddies! Am v impressed by the fasters,you go girls,you are an inspiration!
    Have now lost 12 lb on thisleg of the challenge.Our cat weighs about 16 lb,so I have lost one cat minue ears and tail! 🙂🙃 First time in a while Ive lost anything on one of our challenges!
    Leaving love n hugs to a great gang of people,cant think of anyone i wd enjoy travelling with more 💜💕❤️xxxx

on

Hello everyone! YOWZER I love the analogy of losing most of a cat! I remember fairly early on in my BSD journey a conversation on one of the threads about having lost the equivalent of a toddler. Strange concept but things like that can really help us to visualise the amount of loss we’re talking about. Even if you have a week where you “only” lose one or even part of a pound or kilo, just find something that is the equivalent weight and be grateful it has gone. I measure in pounds, and a loss of 2lb seems trivial, but just hold a 2lb bag of sugar (if you have any in the house 😂) and it brings it home to you what you have achieved. So incredibly well done on your 12lb loss this journey! 👏

And CATHY I’m so glad that your efforts are paying off. 3lb this week is tremendous! Great news and long may it continue. Your determination is an inspiration as always. Very well done 👏

JGWEN thank you for sharing your research and resources as always. And well done for your incredible perseverance with your own fasting. I really hope that everything goes well for your appointment on 11th May. We will all be cheering you on and hoping for an out come that you are happy with.

I’m going to set up the next thread now – Healthy New Me Part 3 – and suggest we run it from today until Friday 30th June. See you there?!

Have a great day everyone X

Please log in or register to post a reply.