HbA1c + other results

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Hi all, I’m only in the second week of the BSD, but my results are very good. I know this is probably due to increased exercise and some better food choices, because it’s a reflection of the past 3 months, but I’m doing the happy dance anyway!

HbA1c down from 53 to 46
    Cholesterol down from 6.4 to 5.7
    Weight/BMI the same (meaning I have lost the stone I’d gained over Christmas/January)!
    Blood pressure NORMAL!! for the first time in about 15 years!

I’m very happy with those results and confessed to the DN that I have been using butter and good fats instead of the recommended low fat spread/low cal fat sprays, and started the fast 800 diet (my dr already knows). She is very happy too.

It’s a really good motivator for me to continue with the BSD – I have struggled today and lapsed a little bit but am right back on it now.

One of the great victories about this is that the BSD has allowed me to do something I’ve never done in my life before – arrest and reverse weight gain after previous weight loss, before I gained it all back and more. That might not sound like much but to me it’s like having climbed Everest.

Edit: I celebrated by going for a mile walk around a country park ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ™‚ happy me ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Well done on those great results and your big walk.
    My mum had her results yesterday, taken a couple of weeks ago when she was about 5 weeks into the BSD. Her A1c was 5.9, so in the pre diabetic range and LDL cholesterol was down to 3.7. She doesn’t need statins any more. Blood pressure was great. Weight down 8 kg. She wears a fitness tracker and aims for 12,000 steps per day and usually exceeds it. Her GP and DN were really impressed with her results and the BSD. I’m so proud of her ๐Ÿ™‚ She’s 75 and reversing type 2 diabetes!

• posted by karra
    on

Congrats on the great news jpscloud, that’s really fabulous and I can only imagine how great you must feel after seeing those results. Really hoping this diet works for me and gets my results down too. I see it working for so many on here. Definite motivation there….again WELL DONE!

That’s great news too Cherrianne, I bet your mum was so pleased to see how well she’s done…….goes to prove no matter what age…this diet can work for everyone.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi jpscloud
    not quite the unsure person we met a short while ago eh ?
    Your results for week 2 are excellent, I think you’re going to do very well on this eating plan and your story adds to all the other inspirational posts on the forums.
    Well done and heres to the next 6 weeks.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Cherianne, thanks and a big well done to your mum too!

Karra, thank you – so many people are saying “if I can do it so can you…” now I’m starting to believe them!

Bill, I feel very different already, I’m “walking taller” as someone else on the forum said (sorry can’t remember who!) and although I’m having lapses that other people are managing to avoid, I am doing well enough to be making a difference, and it’s such a good thing that my 3-month check up came now, as it’s a great push to keep going.

Thank you so much to everyone for all the encouragement, kindness and support. What a lovely bunch you all are!

Bill, there was something on sky news this morning about a 13-hour fast being a way to combat breast cancer and other ailments. They didn’t mention diabetes, but I think you were saying that you do a long fast? I am going to try to increase my fasting time now too.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi
    the long fast isn’t an intentional thing, it’s just that the only time I ever eat breakfast is while on holiday.
    My normal day is lunch at about 12:30, dinner at around 7, and if I decide to have a snack that would be at around 9:30.
    Others have noted that an extended overnight fast does help so why not give it a go ?

Please log in or register to post a reply.