Have done 9 weeks so far but…..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bsdconvert
    on

Hi – it is so good to hear other people’s success stories. I have managed to lose 1 stone 5lb since I started the BSD but seemed to have hit a plateau and am struggling to get back on track. I have slipped a couple of times and eaten the odd slice of bought soda bread made in my local bakery as breakfasts I struggle with, but having to eat them as have to take medication for a different medical problem.

I just want to get back to how well I did at the start of the diet, so am thinking of doing it all over again but using recipes from the website and trying to get into the habit of making up some of my own.

My husband has been really supportive even though his blood sugar levels are fine but he needed to lost some weight and whilst we have eaten the same things, he has had a smaller than normal portion of potato or rice, but I have not given in.

My problem is exercising because of a chronic back problem, which I put out 10 days ago in style and have been off work because of it. I love walking which I try and fit in daily, along with my static bike at home , hubby bought me a fit bit which has encouraged me and am just beginning to take up the static bike, albeit slowly after my back went, maybe this is why I have not lost any weight for two weeks (and I have plenty to lose).

Thanks for listening!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi bsdconvert, I don’t recognise the name, so I’m guessing this could be your first time posting, so welcome along.

You have done well, with good results and plateauing is uncommon, so don’t panic. If you stick with the BSD, things will come right. It could be worth double checking that you are keeping your carb intake low enough and keeping well hydrated too, as these are important factors. Try to avoid the bread and take something BSD friendly with you, for when you need to take your meds – how about making some veggie pancakes/patties with any veg you like and eggs, fried off in tbsp. portions. These keep well in the fridge and are tasty either hot or cold. Or make some almond crackers maybe.

There are a few threads on the forum I think might be of interest to you, especially as you are struggling right now, these are:
    Review, Renew and Refocus: 7 Days to Kick Start BSD Again – this was started a few days ago, as some of us were getting a bit jaded and in a rut with the BSD and wanted to bounce ideas around between us to try to renew our enthusiasm. There are some good things being posted.
    Spring or Fall, a Challenge For All – this is a four week challenge, as lots of us find the thought of eight weeks a bit daunting and this gives us a shorter window to work within. We are only a few days into this challenge, so do join in if you’d like. It’s a good place to get advice, vent when things are going well or celebrate your successes.
    7 Days to Renewing Your Enthusiasm for BSD – this thread has lots of interesting ideas to help refresh a tired menu and motivational things to help inspire.

Hope some of the above will prove useful. Congratulations on making great progress to date and hope you will soon be seeing things moving in the right direction again – please keep us posted and yell if you need support or encouragement.

• posted by Jane-31
    on

Hi bsdconvert – Thanks for sharing your story. It can be so inspiring to read of other’s successes can’t it? I’m really pleased that you have the support of your husband, that must be a great thing. Mine is losing weight the low fat way, and won’t consider joining me on the BSD unfortunately, so I’m just in my little corner, doing my own thing! It can be hard, especially when those blasted scales aren’t showing any change. I don’t know about you, but I have to weigh every morning, and yes, if there’s no change then I’m disappointed – this 800 a day is hard work! But when the scales do shift and you start seeing the numbers coming down, it’s so worth it, so please hang in there, and just have faith that this will work. I had a mini plateau of 6 days last week – I was tearing my hair out and feeling very down and angry at my body for not co-operating – I was given some great help and advice from the people on here. Maybe take at look at that thread too – it’s called First time doing the 800 …

Hope you find something on this forum to help you. In my short time on here, I’ve found the folks are lovely. Keep us posted xx

• posted by bsdconvert
    on

Thank you both for getting back to me. I have had a look SunnyB at your suggestions and yes I think I have to go back to the start and feel I may have got a bit lazy with measuring. The veggie recipe sounds a good idea and will definitely try them. I think it must be the carb intake where I am going wrong and the fact that I am unable to do much exercise with my back problem at the moment, but physio has given me good advice as well to get back on track.

Sometimes Jane-31 I feel, especially at work where the temptations can be overwhelming, I am on my own and some people do not realise why I am doing this, but am trying to stay strong.

I have found lots of encouraging advice and well wishers on this site and have learnt not to beat myself up if I slip occasionally.

Thank you

Please log in or register to post a reply.