HAPPY THANKSGIVING….

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

To all my ‘ new friends’ on the other side of the pond I’d just like to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving and have a nice day x

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, Verano! I’m feeling very blessed this holiday. Husband doing well, and I have
    so many new friends here to be grateful for. Loll in that sunshine! I can feel the warmth
    of it from here, and recharge your batteries 🙂 See you when you return!!!

Allie

• posted by Busybee
    on

Yes, best wishes from me as well. Pumpkin Pie?
    X B

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, Busybee! Pumpkin pie is a little hard to describe. Imagine pumpkin puree to which
    is added cream and eggs, then heavily seasoned with ground cinnamon, ginger, allspice
    and cloves. You pour this mixture into a blind baked crust. It has the texture of a custard,
    but denser than an egg custard because of the pumpkin puree. When a knife inserted
    comes out clean, it’s done! 🙂

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Thank you, Verano! I will enjoy this most traditional of American holidays in the most traditional of ways: with near-constant bickering with my family. 😀 It has already begun because I will not be eating my mother’s famous mashed potatoes this year, even though I did last year when I weighed 130 pounds more than I do now. She gave me the old “But it’s just one day. You have to have a little joy in your life!” speech. I indulged her in a little back and forth before shutting the whole conversation down. “Mother, I love you. I love your mashed potatoes. I just don’t eat potatoes anymore.”

I’m making cauli mash mixed with chopped up steamed spinach and garlic plus ricotta and parmesan for a low carb but delectably rich side. Also roasted aspargus served cold with a dressing of Dijon, roasted garlic and parmesan. Between that and my father’s incomporable roasted turkey and stuffing, I am ready to feast on my terms. I even scored a little dessert, mini pumpkin spice cloud cakes that I plan to frost with vanilla and cinammon cream cheese. Twenty calories a pop for the cakes, 35 for the cream cheese. No carbs. Not one. Ten’ll get you twenty that everyone’s going to want to try one of these cute little guys even though they can have all of my mom’s fabulous pumpkin and mincemeat pies they want.

Bring on the insanity!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Enjoy the holiday, Esnecca! Why do I always want to pull up a chair when you start to
    describe food??? 🙂

• posted by Busybee
    on

Thank you for the description alliecat, it sounds delicious. Our son lives in US with his American family and will be cooking pumpkin pie. I wonder if it would freeze so I can taste it when we go over for Christmas?

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

I just have one thing to say….

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !

Love Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you so much, Mary! This one of the “big ones” for us 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just dropped in to say HAPPY THANKS GIVING to all of our friends across The Pond. Have a fab time everyone!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Same from here…..happy thanksgiving guys – enjoy your special time with your families 👪👫👬👭🎈🎉🎊🎈

• posted by Hello 66
    on

HAPPY THANKGIVING Allie , &’ all our Forum Friends across the Atlantic Ocean , you will be thinking about your Thanksgiving Dinner about now , it is November 23 rd here in Oz , so was yesterday here for all those who Celebrate .
    We are enjoying a few lovely warm days , mid to late 20 ‘s Celsius at “THE SHACK ” …. Not trying to make you jealous at all 😂😂😂😂 ❤️

I’ve been a bit strung out , a few weeks filled with health issues , tests etc.etc.etc., not over yet , but a few days break , prior to the next one !

I just haven’t been able to get enough time to participate , so have jumped on now and again , had a brief look latest Forums , and that’s about it .
    Have noticed ‘ you ‘ go on the prowl each night ,
    Like an ‘ Alley Cat ‘ ,
    Looking for some new delight ,
    Like an ‘ Alley Cat ‘ ….🐈
    Catchy song from way back when , I find myself humming it when your name pops up .

Will just say to catch you up to date , in terms of my weight loss , 6 .3 kgs overall since I first joined in , on lovely Lizzie’ s Forum , and although it’s a very slow loss , I’m happy with the fact that I’m at least losing .

Do say Hello & give my love to everyone on Our Lizzie’ s Forum , hope they are all soldiering on , will get back as soon as I can .
    I must fly as we have visitors for lunch , so making a cauliflower pizza based pizza , time will run out if I don’t get that caul rice started .
    Hot coffee with a big dollop of double cream floating on top smelling good , made kind favour of O.H . ❤️
    Enjoy your Thankgiving dinner with Jim .

Love and hugs ,
    Hello 66
    😘😘

• posted by KazzUK
    on

A very happy Thanksgiving to you all across the pond from a very stormy UK!

Enjoy your holidays … 🙂

Love
    Kazzeee xxx

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

A HAPPY THANKSGIVING to the US folks. Great low carb eating to all. Esnecca, you plan sounds spot on. Enjoy your lovely menu.

And thanks for the wishes and support of the UK and Oz folks. Do we have any Canadians on the post? Don’t think so but so sorry if I missed it.

Just so very thankful for all of you. See you all tomorrow.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Guess what I’m eating right now? A Thanksgiving turkey dinner! – our restaurant at work are doing a Thanksgiving themed lunch! So I can join you with you celebrations! I have turkey, roast cauliflower and carrots, braised cabbage, cranberry sauce and a bit of gravy. No roast potatoes. Cheers!

Kazzee xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Haha, Kazz, sharing the feast with all of your American friends! I love this! You can
    have an honorary seat at our table anytime. Were they serving pumpkin pie too,
    or would that be a bridge too far? 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello66, I’m utterly delighted to see you posting today! Thank you for the thoughtful
    holiday wishes. Hope to see you resolving your health concerns ASAP, and back with
    us on the forums. I’ve certainly missed you 🙂 Now I even have a theme song………
    I looked it up on you tube because I didn’t recognize it at first, it IS a tune that gets stuck
    in one’s head, doesn’t it? I think it dates back to the 60’s.
    I’ll be watching for you “at home”.

Much love,
    Allie xxx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

No pumpkin pie Allie, unfortunately which is just as well as I would have had to try a slice!

Kazzz xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Just want to wish all of our American friends a ‘HAPPY THANKSGIVING’. Enjoy, keep safe, and keep well ….. and as sunshine-girl says …. please …. keep on keeping on…..

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Thank you Verano, KazzUK, Luvtcook, Hello66, SunnyB, Theodora, Joes Nonna and Busybee and hello Happy Thanksgiving to Allie and Esnecca — this is the best holiday of our year, so good to see you all here!
    We are at Lake Tahoe, its freezing cold, clear but windy, about -9 degrees celsius (if my bad conversion is correct, but COLD!!), we are overcooking the turkey, already pouring wine, took a long walk in the cold to burn some calories! I am following Jason Fung’s advice this year — eat what you want, fast the day before and after. So that means pumpkin pie and pecan pie — turkey and cornbread stuffing, green beans, cranberry chutney, mashed and sweet potatoes.
    I listened to two Jason Fung fasting podcasts yesterday to stay on the straight and narrow 🙂
    Happy Thanksgiving to all!! It is our nations 400th anniversary of the Puritan arrival in Plymouth.
    Best wishes all — I know how it is all going in the UK, keeping in touch with all your news— it has been a tough year for the UK and I am sorry you are still struggling with Tiers 123, omg, I am thinking of you and hoping 2021 is a better year for all of us.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good to hear from you Julia …. sounds like you had a great day.
    Sorry but I brought this thread up from 2017!! Only you seem to still be around!
    Yes I’m with you in hoping 2021 will be better for all of us.
    Take care.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Oh too funny Verano! Obviously not much changes as it all sounded relevant!
    Well, now I can say Merry Christmas! Best wishes for a warm and happy season.

Please log in or register to post a reply.