H test result

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Janrg1
    on

I haven’t posted for ages. I have lost loads of weight now. It doesn’t feel like a diet now. It’s how I eat. But I finally had my bloods done. My cholesterol is 3.7 and my H test is 36 which is normal. Neither the nurse nor the GP I saw had ever heard of the diet. The nurse took the name of the book as she wants to diet. The doctor took Professor Taylor’s details to look up anything he has published. Last year at this time my H was 61 so this was a massive improvement. The doctor asked me if I’d like to come off some of my tablets as there was no point in keeping me on them. He said we would do this gradually and give my body a chance to get used to the change. So I no longer take glyclaside and I will have my bloods done in the summer and then start to come off of metformin. This is not what I expected 11 years ago when I was diagnosed. You are told that the condition will gradually get worse and you will be on insulin. It will shorten your life and you may go blind and/or lose limbs.
    Thank you Max Mosley and thank you Professor Taylor for giving us another option.

• posted by Doodledootoo
    on

Congratulations that’s amazing. I’m encouraging gently this way of eating with my husband who is Type 2. I just wish he would read some of the success stories. We are changing our way of eating gradually and as I’m fully in board for this way of eating I’m hoping for the two of us it just becomes completely natural. Slowly does it. Congratulations again.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Congrats, seems we were diagnosed around the same time, 11 years ago. I am on insulin but only because I couldn’t tolerate Metformin and similar and lived on the toilet. My aim is to stop insulin and have reduced by 50% so far and cut glycazide by one third. I am being retested in 3 weeks (make that 2 and half weeks yikes) and hoping for a reduction from 5.9. Was 8.2 when I started BSD. My doctor is very interested in this as he cannot believe my results but he doesn’t think anyone else would be able to be as strict as I am. We can all do it if it is important enough to us. Keep on keeping on…

• posted by Janrg1
    on

Thank you. There is a type 2 a work who feels its too late for her to change now. There is always the worry that it won’t work for you. When I went in to see the nurse my blood pressure was just a little above what they would like. I told her that I was stressing about the result of the H test. She checked it and told me the result. 5 mins later the doctor took my blood pressure and it was fine. Till you see the proof there’s always the chance and its hard to face that failure. Because you do see it as your failure. I’m sure your husband will come round.

• posted by Janrg1
    on

I hope your results are wonderful and I’m sure they will be. Hopefully those of us who are diabetic and improving makes all our GPS and diabetic nurses interested in the BSD. The word needs to spread.

Please log in or register to post a reply.