Greetings… long time type 2… Time to do something about it

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SJFritz1967
    on

I was diagnosed in 2000 as Type 2. I’m overweight, but not grotesquely so. Family history of Type 2. Had a heart attack in 2010 (widow maker artery) at age 43. (Lucky to be here, and did NO damage to my heart fortunately!) No heart episodes since. I’ve lived in denial for 17 years, with moments of getting everything under control… only to revert back to my old ways. I just turned 50 years old and I am tired of being a human yo-yo. The time has come. And so here I am… listening to the Blood Sugar Diet Book… and joining the forum. I plan to give this diet a go. I am fortunate to be fairly fit and healthy regardless of living in diabetic denial… so now is the time. My goal is 40 pounds… which would put me at 190. If I can get more pounds off than that, great.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Welcome, SJFritz1967, and well done on taking control of your health. You can do this – this forum is a testament to the fact that BSD800 works.

Stick with it and you WILL get results. Shout if you need any help, encouragement or support. There are so many helpful people on site and someone will be bound to come running to your assistance.

Tip one:- Keep drinking the water. Drink until you feel you really cannot need to drink any more, and then drink it all again!

Good luck.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Hi SJFritz1967, I too have a strong family history of T2 and while I managed to stave it off for years even as I piled on the pounds (grotesquely overweight, definitely), my insulin resistance made it impossible to lose weight in any significant way. Then I found the BSD and everything changed. I’ve lost something in the neighborhood of 200 pounds since I began the diet in August of last year. I look and feel like a completely different person.

Tip two: measure, weigh and count the carbs and calories of every bite of food you eat. Get a reliable kitchen scale if you don’t have one. Use a tracking app like MyFitnessPal or Fat Secret to avoid having to do any math. Do not attempt to estimate.

Good luck!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Welcome to the forum, you are doing the right thing and keep coming back to the forum for support and encouragement whenever you have to, someone will always have some useful input if you have any questions about either the diet or others experiences with diabetes.

Tip 3, when you are watching the carbs and drinking loads of water make sure you add some salt to meals. The sodium stored in your body will become depleted and need replacing when the excess carbs and retained water leave your body in the first couple of weeks.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there SJFritz
    Tip 4 measure yourself before you start, bust, midriff, waist hips and stomach. Even if weight loss is not great (although it will be) you will lose inches. Look out for inch loss around the waist as that is the important area diabetics carry it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.