Greetings from the USA

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Scott
    on

Greetings from the other side of the pond. Starting week 3 and down 10 pounds. More importantly fasting blood sugar averaging 97mg/dl vs 150 before the diet. Some things that have helped so far: when I am starving and I think I am crazy for sticking to 800 cal I have a peak at these forums and realize I am not alone. To keep track and make a game out of it I keep 8 coins in my left pocket 1=100 calories as I eat throughout the day I transfer the appropriate number of coins to my right pocket. Pretend I am on a transatlantic vacation(or should I say holiday) by referring to the UK posters. Rasher of bacon sounds so much more exciting than a slice, rocket instead of arugula, and a tin of sardines way tastier than a can. We can do this let’s get it done!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Scott and welcome to the BSD global community.
    Loving the coins idea, Penny does the same thing with water, lines up so many empty glasssses to cover her daily intake and removes one each time she has a drink.
    Whilst watching the calories, keep a close eye on the carbohydrates as it is this restriction that really spurs weight loss. Make sure that you are replacing the carbs with healthy fats to keep you feeling full and to assist your body in the transition to fat burning
    Best of luck for the next 8 weeks 🙂

• posted by Scott
    on

Thanks Bill! Good advise I have been pretty good with the low carbs but probably have not had enough healthy fats.

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi Scott
    Welcome. Very good weight loss. Your FBS 150 – 97mg/dl ( 8.3 – 5.4 mmol/L English) great too. I only wish!
    Hope that ‘starving’ feeling quells soon. Make sure you are eating those good carbs & fats. I don’t get the ‘ munchies’ very often & have a hot drink when I do , it helps me wait it out ( I don’t like tea or coffee so it’s fruit teas)
    I try & have one or two long fast times during the week.

I like the coin idea. Swimming over to Canada (as if) in June so I’ll borrow arugula & cans for three weeks
    Keep on keeping on

• posted by Scott
    on

Thanks Eureka! I will give the hot drink a try.

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Scott
    So funny that our ordinary words sound exotic to you. I think ‘vest’ and ‘pants’ is the funniest difference – over here they’re underwear.
    Re feeling starving – you must get more fats inside you! Olive oil and butter. Then you won’t be hungry.
    Good luck
    Penny

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Scott

It’s been said we are two nations divided by a common language!

I’ve travelled Stateside many times but still find it strange that you drive on the pavement while walking on the sidewalk. Our scones are your biscuits while our biscuits are your cookies! Not that we talk about them any mire – too many carbs!

Good to see folk from your side of the pond joining us on here. Let us know your progress.

Please log in or register to post a reply.