Greek yogurt

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Tamara l
    on

I don’t like Greek yogurt, tastes like sour cream
    Any ideas of how I can make it taste good

Thanks

• posted by RubyG
    on

Hi Tamara, that would depend on your definition of what tastes good. If you have a sweet tooth, why not try to add some powdered cinnamon and/or ginger, they won’t derail the cals or the carbs.

• posted by Tamara l
    on

if I water it down and add berries, would that be ok.
    It’s so thick.

• posted by RubyG
    on

I think some other forum users add berries to their yoghurt, I am not sure of the carb or cal content, so you should check them out.
    I have no idea what watered-down Greek yoghurt tastes like so can’t comment – one way for you to find out 😉
    There are other forms of non-flavoured non-sweetened yoghurt available, which are not as thick, but they do tend to be more tangy so you would probably dislike the taste more than you do Greek yoghurt.
    I presume you are looking at yoghurt as a breakfast option?
    Do you like/eat eggs?
    My hubby and I have an egg-based breakfast every day, it fills us up much better and for longer than the same cal equivalent of yoghurt.
    Or you could skip breakfast altogether and like some other users split your 800cals over 2 meals – soup or salad for lunch and a normal-ish supper (minus the carbs).

• posted by Tamara l
    on

I love eggs, was just thinking for a snack mostly.
    Don’t think I can do two meals a day, would like to spread the 800 over the day. Think I’d be less hungry

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, you dont have to eat Greek yoghurt. I think a lot of us do because it is thick and creamy – we all have different tastes. I think what the advice is to avoid fruit yoghurts even if they say low fat, diet or whatever. If they are low fat they usually contain sugars even in the form of rice powder (a high carb) or they contain other things to make them taste better. The general idea is to go for something more natural, so natural plain yoghurt is okay. Berries are fine mixed in with a yoghurt, low in cals and carbs. I always have a bag of frozen mixed berries and a bag of raspberries in my freezer. They are lovely warmed up and stirred into the yoghurt. Try a pinch of cinnamon or some flaked almonds for crunch. So many choices.

• posted by Tamara l
    on

Thank you
    I’ll try that
    I actually have frozen strawberries in freezer
    I give them to my dog as a treat,,I’ll start using them for myself

on

You made me laugh. Strawberries for a dog, I have a friend who give her dog carrots as a treat. Dog is on a better diet than she is 🙂

• posted by Tamara l
    on

He eats veggies. Chicken , fruit
    Now I will make sure he shares with me ha ha ha.

on

Hi Tamara 1, glad you are getting to grips with this – do you have the BSD book. Not the Fast800 as the BSD is geared more to diabetics.

Also, you said you live alone. I know you have a dog but do you have any support bubbles or whatever they call them. People you communicate with. Hate to think of someone on their own at this time. Take care and good luck with the diet.

• posted by Tamara l
    on

I have the fast 800 book
    I’m staring the diet today
    I’ve failed at diets so many times, that I want to keep it to myself for now

Thanks

on

Ok, basically the diet is the same but there is more about fasting and time restricted eating. As a diabetic I wouldnt dream of fasting or missing meals.

Well you have plenty of people to share with on here if anything is bothering you. Diet related or not.

• posted by Tamara l
    on

Thank you
    I plan on doing the 12/12 fast
    I’m not usually hungry for hours after getting up, so that part won’t be a problem
    What I am worried about is getting enough of the 800 calories in.
    Don’t like most veggies except the high starch ones
    Here r the ones I like that I can eat
    Lettuce
    Coloured peppers
    Pickles
    Cucumber
    Onion
    Green beans
    Carrots
    That’s about it
    Any advice would be appreciated to get calories up , don’t want to overdo protein or fat

Thanks

Please log in or register to post a reply.