Great medical response!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

After seeing my success on the BSD (focused on losing weight, but not Type 2), OH – who IS Type 2 – has decided that there may be some merit in trying to come off Metformin. He had a high blood sugar reading of 9+ just ahead of an operation in April, which might have jeopardised the op actually taking place, and he’s come to the conclusion that fewer pills could be a good thing.

So, he started on the BSD on 26th May (though higher calories than the 800), just after a blood test when he’d tried a few days of restricted carbs, but on a very unplanned basis. We went along to the Doctor together, with the BSD book in hand if required, and found that the blood sugar was a little better – though still too high – at 7.3.

He explained to the Doctor what he’d started and said he wanted to work towards reducing his metformin by this low carb diet, and asked for her support in monitoring the effects and judging when/if he could stop the tablets.

No adverse response from her – she simply replied: ‘I expect you’re feeling much better already, and much livelier, aren’t you?’, which made me think she was on a low carb diet herself – how else would she know the amazing ‘lifting of the fog’ effect of weaning yourself off the refined carb load?

And she has agreed to put the blood tests in on a monthly basis and review with him afterwards, to see how it’s all going.

How great is that! No need to argue the point, no need to wave the book about, just complete acceptance and good wishes for the journey. 🙂

• posted by JCH187
    on

Great to have a supportive response 😊

Please log in or register to post a reply.