Going up!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MiniBean
    on

Hi all, last Friday I completed the 2nd week of the BSD and had lost 6lbs so was very ๐Ÿ˜Š,! This Friday (yesterday) I weighed 1.6lbs MORE than a week ago! Why? I have stayed in my 800 calls and reduced carbs to 50g per day. Last weekend I did have a girly night out which involved wine ๐Ÿท ๐Ÿ˜ฑ But would it still be hanging on now? I have lost 2 inches from my waist so it’s not all doom but I think I just need a bit of encouragement to stick with it ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It will be water weight, the wine often has this effect, I am 2 pounds up myself this morning after a glass last night. The important thing is to remember that the fact the measurements are still going down means that the fat is still going, so just keep on keeping on and don’t worry about water weight.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

If not water then the other thing that sometimes happens at the start of the 800 phase is food becomes slower to transit the bowel as there is so much less of it, and this can cause temporary weight gain. Make sure you are keeping the fibre in your diet as high as you can and just wait it out. It may also be worth trying increasing your water intake temporarily, and possibly your fat intake, I have seen both of these make a difference. Add a little salt to your food if your water intake gets very high, or you could deplete your electrolytes.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Minibean, yes, I am sorry to say, your girlie night might still be hanging around. You dont say how much wine was involved but imaging if the night before you got weighed and had lost 7llbs (your 6 plus one) then you drank 2 glasses of wine, that could put back the 1 you had lost, drink 4 glasses of wine and it takes off another one. Look honestly at what you had, did it make you eat something off plan, that often happens. Think about it, learn from it then move on. We have all been there.

• posted by MiniBean
    on

Thanks for your comment guys…the girly night wine intake was difficult to measure as bottles were being emptied into glasses by others ! I think I need to “park” last week and stick with the plan. Your support here is much appreciated ๐Ÿ’‹

Please log in or register to post a reply.