Going OK, but not getting enough iron

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MOJOJOJOBEANS
    on

Hello

I am on day 5 and loving it. I feel so much better and slimmer already. But I don’t think I am getting enough iron as my legs have started to ache a lot. Anyone else have this? What ways would people suggest getting more iron in their diet?

Also I am not someone who like acidic or vinegary type food at all, so I struggle with lemon drizzled over things (unless it is a lemon drizzle cake ;)) or things that have any sort of vinegary flavour. Any suggestions on how I can eat healthy lunches without these things would be great.

Best wishes,

Jo

(p.s I am allergic to cucumber and dairy and I hate mushrooms. I wish I could say this had made me a fussy eater but my 40 inch waist is evidence to the contrary.)

• posted by Endmyaddiction
    on

Hello MoJoJoJobeans!

I am sat at home waiting for my book to arrive and feeling very anxious about the next 8 weeks and if I will be able to manage it as well as having to feed my 3 young kids and not pick at their food….this is my biggest challenge ever and right now could just eat a massive slice of Lemon Drizzle!. Glad to hear you are enjoying your 1st week on diet……wish me luck!!!
    Rachael

• posted by JCH187
    on

Hi

I’ve just passed the 7 week point and was iron deficient to begin with, I’m waiting for a referral as I can’t tolerate iron tablets. I’m eating more red meat and leafy greens on this diet but have suffered with aching and restless legs all the way through and I just can’t shake it off no matter what I eat. I’ve also been taking a magnesium supplement but it doesn’t seem to be helping. Be interesting to hear if anyone has any ideas!

Please log in or register to post a reply.