Going backwards

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Puneet
    on

i started with BSD in July. By end sept i had lost 12 kgs, i was happy with the progress. Been on a holiday, managed to keep it at the same level. Last two weeks i see a change in m eating- am not really eating carbs but am eating more and eating late in the night. I have gained 2.5 kgs back and am getting a bit worried. The more i worry, the more i eat. Any suggestions?

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Puneet
    Do you still have diabetes as stated on your profile?
    I am wondering if maybe your “fast” isn’t long enough to sustain the weight loss. If you are eating late in the night, have you tried seeing how long you can go the next day before a meal? That sometimes helps. Just an idea but some others may be more experienced.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Puneet, you dont actually say you are hungry and eating. Sound like something else is going on. Maybe the lack of carbs is giving you craving for other foods, like when you stop smoking and need something to replace it. Is boredom involved, can you go to bed and forget about it or is it a real craving. What I would suggest is that you allow yourself to snack in the evening (how late is late) but make sure there is something healthy to snack on. I always have some protein like cooked chicken or meat in the fridge or, today I am making the sardine and cream cheese dip and will leave some for a snack later. If you are regaining weight you are obviously snacking on the wrong things so that would be the first thing to look at.

Good luck and stop worrying and take control back.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Puneet
    First, please stop stressing and beating yourself up, it’s counterproductive and likely to make things worse. Secondly, getting back to basics is always a good start way to go. Start tracking your calorie and carb intake daily and this will should show you where the issue is. Also, remember good hydration is vital – are you drinking enough?
    Sunshine-girl is right about the high protein snack options, be sure to keep some good ones around and try to save some of your daily allowance for them. And finally, be sure you are including enough fat in your diet, as this help you to feel full quicker and for longer, helping to keep the carb cravings at bay.
    Good luck with it all, let us know how you get on and shout if we can offer anything else. Remember, you know you can do this – you had great success before and you can definitely replicate it!

• posted by Jo Gardner
    on

Hi Puneet, you have done an amazing job from July to the end of September to lose 12kg. Congratulations! I found when I had a massive weightloss on the LCHF diet I really got tired of the whole situation of being diabetic and watching every carb so closely, that I sort of rebelled against what I perceived to be the ‘unfairness’ of my situation and ‘pigged out’ on icecream for four weeks and put on 5kg. Then all of a sudden I snapped out of it and have now begun the BSD. And I’m not having any problem at all with it at the moment and I’m enjoying it. Maybe you just need a little time-out like I did. And then you will get back to it in earnest again. I like Baristagirls and sunshine-girl’s suggestions. Wishing you all the best on your journey.

Please log in or register to post a reply.