Ginger shots – do they have any benefits on the FAST 800

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 868
    on

Hi All,
    does anyone have any views on “Ginger shots” and if they help with weight loss on the FAST 800 and general health? I have read a few articles saying that they are beneficial, but not seen any evidence.

thanks
    Alex

• posted by RubyG
    on

Assuming this is not an advert for said products, it depends on the nutritional content and your health and diet aims.
    The original Blood Sugar Diet is low cal and low carb for 8 weeks – I would suggest these products are probably quite high in carbs / sugars so not suitable if you’re doing the diet for health reasons like pre-diabetes.
    As part of a Fast 800, maybe they’re OK, maybe they’re just an overpriced, over-processed placebo.

• posted by 868
    on

Hi RubyG,
    sorry for the lack of information in my original post. I was thinking of natural home made ginger shots. I have seen a recipe which is ginger and a small amount of juice extracted from lemons (https://downshiftology.com/recipes/ginger-shots/). I just wondered if anyone on the forum had experienced any benefit of taking ginger – shots or as a tea. From what I read, ginger is good for inflammation. I would not advocate any ginger shot that has added sugar.

thanks
    Alex

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Alex
    I have slices of fresh ginger in hot water. I put one or two slices into a mug of hot water and then usually top up with more hot water a couple of times. For me it’s a good way of increasing my water intake especially in winter. Yes, I’ve heard it’s good for inflammation too. I know I find it a soothing drink.
    Best of luck with everything.
    Jennie xx

• posted by 868
    on

Hi Jennie,
    thanks for replying. That’s a good idea about making a hot drink with ginger slices and topping it up during the day. I’ll give that a try. {I have so far been drinking black tea, so it will be good to have something different].

thanks
    Alex

Please log in or register to post a reply.