Getting started..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lauryloo
    on

Hi all I am due to start this diet on Friday (when I get paid!) I’m saving money at the moment (every penny counts as I’m trying to buy a house…) any suggestions for super cheap meals on this diet?
    I’m very unsure as to whether this diet will work for me. I am not majorly overweight- just over 25 BMI. I’m hoping to lose a considerable amount of weight in the7 week run up to Xmas but I’m worried I won’t see the results I’m hoping for. I fear I have destroyed my metabolism with stupid things like the maple syrup diet and even water fasts!!! I know it was stupid and it’s all water weight etc etc. My problem is I don’t seem to maintain willpower unless I see fast results! I know I’m not likely to lose as fast as someone with a higher bmi but I’m gonna try and do at least 30 mins of exercise a day, drink more water (which I’m rubbish at) and NOT CHEAT for 7 weeks!! Anyone been in a similar situation, as in had the same sort of starting bmi? I know everyone’s different but I’d love to get some sort of insight as to how much I could lose in 7 weeks?? I’m hoping to make this more of a way of life eventually and kick the carb dependence(!!) but I really want to know what I can expect in my first 7 weeks!

Thanks and well done to those of you who have done amazingly and seen some awesome results! X

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Hello Lauryloo….Im on my second week of BSD….a bit like you with a low bmi and only 1 stone to lose…apart from small portion of pasta,and two glasses of wine on saturday….a friends birthday…..,I have been extremely good(I think haha) and yesterday morning when I got weighed I had lost 2 lb….very good some might say,but I was a little dissappointed,having read of the big weight losses on the forum,BUT I am into week two and (it might be my imagination,but it works for me) I totally feel better and can see a slight change in my body shape…..
    I am determind to make this work,so onwards on upwards😝😝with a bit of willpower…keep going things can only get better

• posted by LesleyDot
    on

Hello, I’m planning to start ‘properly’ myself tomorrow, after a few (half-arsed) trial runs! And similarly, I don’t have a great deal of weight to lose (probably about 14 – 18 pounds) but would like to be able to squeeze into a few of the tighter frocks in my wardrobe by Christmas!

From the days that I have dabbled in this diet, I would say that it shows promise, albeit that I don’t expect to see the more impressive type of losses that some people seem too.

I’m also not intending to be 100% compliant, as I typically eat out on a Saturday and will be allowing myself alcohol once (possibly x 2) a week.

Good luck to both of you, I’m pretty confident that we can see a difference in 6-8 weeks

• posted by Happyhols
    on

Good posts girls…lets follow each other as we have more or less the same to lose….tips and willpower needed…..😝😝

• posted by topcac
    on

Hi All – I’m into week 7 – my starting BMI was 25.9 and I have set myself a target to lose 23lbs – which gets me to 21.9. Up to the end of week 6 I had lost just under a stone. Am now in size 10 clothes so I really wasn’t big to start with – however, started this diet because carbs controlled me – not the other way round! so…a few words from the (slightly more) wise
    Drink water like it’s your second job – if you don’t like water drink very low cal squash (lime cordial tends to be the lowest), herb or fruit teas,
    Prepare to feel a bit bleurgh in the first few days – if you read other threads on here you will see it’s quite common – on my first day I had a migraine and threw up my dinner – but it got a lot better from there (and very quickly).
    Drink a lot of water!!
    Prepare to feel extremely energetic – I have had to up my exercise to stop myself bouncing off the walls at home 🙂
    Prepare to have a bit of a plateau about the end of week 2/3 – I lost nearly 7lbs in my first week but then it was a pound off, I PUT ON a pound (imagine my mood THAT day) then lost three then lost a half then lost 3 – just push on through
    Did I mention – DRINK A LOT OF WATER!!!
    Hope this helps – I’ll keep and eye on you but you’ll find this forum incredibly useful
    Good luck!!

• posted by LesleyDot
    on

Hey thank you for all of the above advice, much appreciated! And I definitely agree re the lots & lots of water point. I’ve been trying to get into the habit of drinking 2-3 litres of water a day in preparation, plus herbal tea (the ones with vanilla or cocoa nib infusions etc. are quite nice for getting a wee ‘sweet taste’ without any calories). I must admit I do still plan to drink a fair few coffees each day as well…but I always use unsweetened almond milk which is zero sugar/carbs and hardly any calories.

Right, I’m away to refill my water bottle!!

• posted by Lauryloo
    on

Thank you all so much for the wonderful and supportive replies! Fingers crossed I’ll be able to stick it!
    I’d love to follow you all but haven’t worked out how to do it yet! Haha I’m sure I’ll work it out. Well done to all of you of your hard work so far and thanks again for the advice! I’m awful at drinking water so that will be difficult but I’ll try very hard and will hopefully make it a way of life! Save my skin and kidneys in the process!! X

Please log in or register to post a reply.