Getting ready for Valentines Day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by TheThelwellPony
    on

Hello,

I’m new to posting in this forum. I’ve read all the posts for a few months now, but have finally plucked up the courage to post myself.
    Is anyone starting or has just started the Fast 800. It would mean finishing around Valentines Day, although the date for me is more accidental.
    I have wanted to lose weight for a few years. Living as a student I’ve piled on the pounds and I’m now too afraid to even get on the scales and I no longer look in a floor length mirror. I found the recipes to be more affordable than other diets, which is good as I’m on a student budget. One of my main reasons for losing weight is so I can ride more horses. I’ve regularly competed in riding since I was a child and I’m afraid I’m getting too heavy for my horse, I’m around 14 stone. I’m not waiting until the New Year to start, I need to do it now (a great way to avoid my Mum’s Christmas dinner!!).

I would love some peer support as I’ve failed at dieting so many times in the past when I’ve done it on my own. I would love to hear any positive stories to keep me motivated!

Thanks and good luck to all you fast dieters!

• posted by LinD49
    on

Welcome Thelwellpony. You will find lots of support and help on these forums from newbies like yourself to those who took the plunge over a year ago, like CapnLynne. It doesn’t have to be expensive, recipes can be tweaked. Good luck!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Welcome to the BSD. A lot of us are planning to eat a bit more over Christmas (still low carb if possible) and start again on 27 Dec, so Valentines Day would be at the end of week seven. I’m sure there are a few hardy souls starting now.

• posted by Libbyohno
    on

Hi Thelwellpony,

I noticed this thread in my search for LBSD Valentines Day recipes – I wanted to drop a line and say I hope your 8 weeks have gone well and as you come to the end of the 8 weeks you feel you have done well – I am sure you have!

Good luck xxx

Please log in or register to post a reply.