Gained a stone since Christmas, but today I start another 8 week fast 800.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yumcheese
    on

So yes after feeling fantastic starting July 2016 at 14 st 5 and 3/4 lb I was over the moon to quickly and easily get down to 12 stone. Where I stayed until January. Then I think a combination of winter ( I think I do have mild SAD) and stress from work made me reach for the carbs just occasionally to begin with and quickly corrected by going back on track but for February it’s been a full on carbs all day emotional eating and me in denial by not wanting to weigh myself. I think the work stress had made me feel like a failure and so I started emotional eating and almost punishing myself by gaining weight. I had truely never felt better ever ever from starting the diet until end of Dec. I have been struggling with stress/ anxiety/ depression symptoms which I can still live my life with but my joy for life has dwindled. I mean on New Year’s Eve I ran a 10 k for first time and never felt better.
    Therefore I am back. 1 stone heavier and determined to get it off in first four weeks of this 8 week fast 800.
    I just have a strong feeling that the carbs are causing the anxiety and sluggishness, depressive feelings.
    I want ME back. So anyway here I am telling it like it is and also as a way to show anyone else that may be in same situation that I can change this situation myself. So I will keep you all updated with my progress. GAME ON!!!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Yumcheese – good for you, owning it and taking control! You have proved that you can do this successfully, so there will hopefully be no major obstacles other than your mind set. Be kind to yourself in the early days, as it might take a bit of adjusting again, having been eating in a carb heavy way for a month. I’m sure you will see the back of that stone gained quite rapidly and hopefully a few extra pounds will follow too. Will look forward to reading your updates and don’t forget to use the forum for advise and support as needed – just yell, someone will respond. Good luck!

• posted by Yumcheese
    on

Thanks.
    Thought I would give an update. I’m now 12 st 7 1/2 so thrilled to be half a stone down. Next step 12 st 0 !!!!

• posted by RedRooster
    on

Good work on the first half stone. Are you just aiming to get back o 12 hen maintain or doing the full 8 weeks regardless

Please log in or register to post a reply.