Gained 2lb !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Broady
    on

Started the BSD 800 9 days ago and lost an amazing 11lb – absolutely thrilled. However the last two days have gained a pound each day?? Drinking 2 litres of water a day and sticking to around 30g carbs.
    I have 4 stone to loose and really am really focused on the diet – any ideas why the gain??

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Okay, well firstly Broady, don’t panic. Fluctuations in weight are common and not all of them can be attributed to anything in particular that we are doing. This apparent increase could be water retention and/or a little constipation, but our bodies make adjustments as they settle into the BSD regime and the result on the scales is not always what we expect or hope for – have you checked body measurements? Sometimes when things seem to stall (or even go in the wrong direction) we see results in non-scale victories.

Your hydration and carb levels are good, but sneaking in an extra glass of water can’t hurt. It’s tough when the scales don’t tell us what we desire, but it will come right. The secret is not to allow this blip to knock you off course. Stick with it and it will work – the pounds will start to fall again. If things continue to go in reverse, may be try dropping your carbs a little more, but I wouldn’t do that immediately. Let your body have a chance to adjust properly and really assimilate the BSD regime properly.

I’m confident if you just hang in there, you will soon be posting good results again – be patient.

• posted by Broady
    on

Thank you so much. Have been constipated for a few days but that has resolved itself now. Have gained again today but thinking logically I cannot gain weight on 800 calories and 30g carbs so I am going to stick to it and focus on the long term. Really frustrating that hubby looses 5lb when I go on on diet without trying!! Thanks for the support it’s appreciated

• posted by SunnyB
    on

As I said, it’s probably water retention and it will right itself if you hang in there. Best of luck to you, it will happen.

• posted by Panda Bear
    on

Hi Broady. I am new to all this but from past experience I know that the weight gain may be due to a little muscle gain especially if you have significantly increased your exercise regime since starting the diet. But hey, if it is, that’s good as muscle will help burn fat in the long run.

• posted by Broady
    on

3lb back off this morning. Back to where I started but happy I didn’t give up! Looking forward to seeing how I go over the next few weeks hopefully will begin to loose steadily now 😊

• posted by Panda Bear
    on

Wow! That’s great news Broady. Well done! 👍

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like your body is adjusting. I’m sure you will see more losses soon, Broady. Keep going!

Please log in or register to post a reply.