Flaky nails

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lrred
    on

I started cutting down on gluten in Jan and am now in week 5 of BSD – for several months I’ve noticed my finger nails have started to chip and flake. I’m taking a daily multivitamin tablet. What nutrients am I missing? Anyone else solved this?

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Lrred, not enough information to give you a worthwhile opinion – are you getting the Daily Allowances of minerals and vitamins mostly from food? I guess not. You need to sort out what you are eating and why, I am not aware it is a common or even a rare side-effect of BSD. This BSD needs a commitment and some study to be most effective. You may be lucky and find an expert to reply to you?

• posted by Twittermum
    on

I have found the opposite. I have had weak, flakey nails that peeled and bent most of my life. I changed my way of eating last December to this diet, eating full fat dairy etc and I have noticed a dramatic improvement in the strength of my nails over the last month or so. I can think of no reason for this change after decades other than the change to full fat dairy, as my eating was pretty similar to the diet in other ways already. I hope your nails improve Lrred.

Please log in or register to post a reply.