First weigh-in after 5 days

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by AliB
    on

Morning everyone

I’ve just weighed myself 5 days in, and knowing my body, surprise surprise, I have lost absurely nothing at all. 😝

I am having an autoimmune flare up and think it may be this that is causing it, but it’s frustrating that I’m exactly the same weight as Sunday despite eating properly and following the plan. As this is for life (and on the advice of others) I have been eating 850-950 calories and keeping the carbs between 20-45g a day. By the laws of physics this should surely mean weight-loss?!!!!

I have lost 18kg already after coming off prednisolone, so could the fact that my body has been dieting for a year already be a factor?

I realise it’s going to take time and am trying not to be demoralised. This has been the story of my weightloss journey since my 20’s and even my GP 12 years ago, after following my diet and exercise regime (as I’ve always been heavy but don’t look as heavy as I actually am) said my diet was healthier than hers and that they were going to throw the rule book away with me.

Is incredibly frustrating. I won’t give up, and I feel better. My fasting BS was 4.7 this morning, I feel slimmer,better but am not sleeping. Although my husband has just lost his job which may facilitate him moving back to the UK for a while and leaving me and my son in the Middle East where I have a very good job with a brilliant school place for our son, and my scleritis is becoming active again.

So in retrospect, no wonder my body is holding on to anything it can!!

Rant over, just feeling a bit crap today. Any advice greatly appreciated!!!

Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Ali
    could it be that your location is the key?
    I haven’t lived in a hot country but I do know from holidays that I always gain weight in a hot climate due to water retention.
    I may be way off the mark here, but is there a chance that because of the heat your body is retaining the fluid that most of us lose in the first week so slowing down the weight loss?

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Ali, you are going through some stress at the moment and that may not help either.
    It’s only been 5 days so stick with it as you must lose weight sooner or later on this!!! πŸ™‚

• posted by Eureka
    on

Hi AliB
    Welcome. You are fighting battles on many fronts & stress is a huge influence on the body.
    Calories , carbs & 18kg weight loss already is all excellent. A FBS of 4.7 wow!

You, like me are in this for the long haul. Sometimes I’ve gained, sometimes I’ve lost weight. I’m getting there because I’m doing it. Not beating myself up when weight goes up. I am getting there because I need to, I have to. I’m Type 2 Diabetic. This is not a quick 8 week fix for me. So I keep on keeping on.

Despite your obstacles you need to keep on doing this for yourself. We are here to help & lend that ear if you want a rant. Life is very frustrating sometimes even when you are doing everything right. Hang in there!

Do try & keep your fluids up. 2 – 3 litres daily. I know how hot the Middle East can be, (Bahrain). It’s sapping energy wise & hot to sleep too! It’s very good you have a brilliant school for your son & job for you. I do hope your husband finds a new job quickly.
    Hang on to that good GP & use your support network where you are. People rise to the occasion if you let them
    Eureka

• posted by AliB
    on

Thanks so much everyone!

Reading what you all say on Forums is fantastic and definitely the key to keeping motivated and on track. Thank you for your advice!

I’m not tempted to stray despite not losing anything and I agree that I’m probably not drinking enough yet. It’s difficult at work because I teach, and today I’ve had so much water I’m dashing down the corridor and leaving students warming up in my room (I teach Brass and Piano in the UAE!) so I’m reluctant to have too much at work. Not that the kids mind. They think it’s funny!!

My weight reached 131kg on prednisolone and now I’m down to 113. Still a huge amount (but it surprised my new doctor out here!) and the fast gain is responsible for my diabetes. I’ve told you all now. That’s a load off!!! I don’t look that heavy, but I feel it, and just want to be less self conscious, so by sharing the awful number, that’s a good start for me!

I’m going to keep at it and see where the journey takes me….hopefully into smaller knickers!!!!

A πŸ™‚

• posted by AliB
    on

‘Morning everyone

On your advice I upped my water intake yesterday, braved the scales and I’ve lost 1.5lbs!! (0.7kg) Very happy with that. Will continue with this and up it as much as I can so fingers crossed for more lbs off this week.

Have a good day everyone!

Ali 😊

• posted by hashimoto
    on

AliB πŸ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.