First week in

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Zsk
    on

Hi all,
    I’m now four days in and 6 pound down but yesterday and today my weight hasn’t changed and I’m feeling bloated and lethargic. Did anyone else feel like this and have you found it better to do daily or weekly weight.
    My partner started the same day as me and he has lost 15 pounds 😱 and feels great. We are eating and drinking exactly the same things and calorie intake. How can I improve on my weight loss ?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, first of all using weight to measure progress is not a good idea, far better to monitor progress in inch loss. / shape change. – We are encouraged to drink 2 litres of water a day, each litre weighs 2.2 lbs, so where you are in your water in / out will make a big difference to the reading on the scales. Also you need to consider that your weight includes the weight of what you have in your digestive system. – 800 calories of celery weighs a lot more than 800 calories of cheese.

Also as you keep your insulin levels down other hormone systems can work to improve your health, this includes the growth hormone which repairs muscles and builds strong bones. – Both increases in muscle and bone strength are good, but they weigh more.

The rapid weight loss at the start comes from releasing stored water. – If you eat a high carb diet your body needs to store water to help process the carbs. As you cut out the carbs the body releases that water. Don’t worry he hasn’t lost 9 extra lbs of fat. Each lb of fat contains 3500 calories. – When your body is releasing stored water your kidneys also release electrolytes. Also lots of processed food has added salt. – You need to supplement salt intake when you are eating un processed low carb food.

Sadly men loose weight more rapidly than women. –

————————

I would recommend joining the week begging thread. A new one starts each week, this weeks one started on the 12th. – On that thread you will find a mixture of people from newcomers to long term members of the forum who stay to help share their experience. Not many people look for new threads with one off questions, so I would recommend joining the weekly thread.

• posted by Zsk
    on

Thank you so much, that is really helpful information and very reassuring 😁

Please log in or register to post a reply.