First surprise of many hopefully.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi bsd peeps, I am starting today, have just weighed myself, and I have lost 5lb, this I can only assume is because the last two weeks particularly, five weeks since I found out about bsd, I have been beginning as I am aware now how toxic carbs and sugar are for my sad old liver etc, that I have been toning it down. Last night for the ‘last supper’ I made one of our family favourites, toad in the hole. I cannot tell you how ill I felt, for just over two hours I felt exhausted, headachy, felt really poisoned. It may have been all in my mind. I don’t know but it wasn’t good. Don’t like it any more hehe how wonderful, of to get my tape measure now, it’s all so exciting. Love it.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Well I am all measured cor what a shock still onwards, had a lovely brunch from the book . cheesy beans substituted feta for the recommended it was lush. I am using my fitness pal, it counts everything, but especially the things I want to know, I come from a scientific background so like precision, it reassures me. So of now to the supermarket to seek lovely ingredients, having steak in peppercorn sauce this eve. Also have my iPhone set to pedometer, nothing is going to get past me. Can’t get over my motivated attitude in the voice of Yoda impressed I am with myself. Perhaps I was beamed up by an alien while I was asleep last night. HeheπŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Have been to the posh town near by to get all the lovely ingredients I need for recipes for the next few days. I noticed when walking around the supermarket, I zoom in on high cal things, I spied some stacks of Pringles, and I was aware I zoomed in on them. But they are not interesting any more, my ingredients are far more desirable. Very strange experience. I managed the shop without eating something, or buying anything outside of my list. When I looked in my trolley I was so impressed, it looked like a slim persons trolley. I know I do way to much people watching. I live in an area where majority of the people are relatively slim, and always have this sort of contents. Hence why they are slim. So all good at the mo and have done about 4500 steps.
    If you haven’t found the fitness pal app yet, then seek it out it’s a lifeline. Makes this so much easier. Side effect, lots of water so lots of visits, to the little room.
    I’ve also worked out in my tea I have a tbl sp of skim milk, so I can enjoy as long as I have my spoon with me.

First tool for the healthy eater ( learning to be ) tablespoon. iPad and fit pal app.

Of to cook a lovely dinner.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yesterday made the lovely peppercorn sauce, with steak, hubby didn’t like the sauce, so down the sink went that. I was amazed I felt full after. Made a slip though with using the oil as I went over my cals and carbs calories for the day 988 and carbs 55.9. Learnt to plan everything in advance to avoid going over, the oddest things are very high lentils for example, shocking.
    Weighed this morning and lost 2lb of water probably, say no more, hehe getting plenty of exercise. And my wifit age says I am 35 today yesterday I was 60 I am actually 58 hehe did make me laugh.
    Menu all planned, enjoying face yog and raspberries, and lots of peroni water with lemon slices yum.
    Lunch. Prawns and salad. Dinner chicken possibly lentils need to work it out. Loving this so far, feeling very motivated delicious feeling haven’t felt like this for decades.πŸ€—πŸ€—πŸ€—

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yep the lentils and chicken recipe was lush, and very filling, I will use this recipe on a really challenging day I think. Excellent day full of energy, and quite alert which is a new phenomena for me. Been sluggish for so long I had got used to it. Planning for the weekend which is always challenging for me, as Saturday night is always crisps night. Hmmm have to convince myself I don’t like them anymore. πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Hello greenjanet I am just starting too last Monday and I read all Izzy’s wonderful posts to inspire me along with many of the others before I stepped off. I was looking for chicken and lentils Tim so will definitely make that. It is winter here although not as cold as many places, and I have made some wonderful soups this week and am 1.4kg down. I am a Michael Mosley fan and have been for a long time, so hope I can stick to this, as I have a lot of weight to lose. Should be pre-diabetic (BMI 34, age 70) but am not just fat.

All you folks who have stuck to this for many weeks are so inspirational.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi ruthdownunder.
    Hehe do you mean you live in Australia, sounds like you are doing well, keep up the good work
    Regards
    Jan

on

Hi Janet I left out a comma ‘should be pre-diabetic but am not, just fat.’

I do live in Australia on the lovely Gold Coast., and I am on day 13 now and still going down slowly I was stuck on the same weight for 3 days and if I had not read so much on the forum I am sure I would have packed it in. 3kg down, which is fantastic for me. Hope you are still going well. We have our week 2 weigh ins on Monday.

I think I ate too much dinner! The right stuff though so I will be good tomorrow.

Am I allowed baked beans? My book is coming in the mail, and the wait at the library would have meant by Christmas I think

Onwards and downwards

Ruth

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi ruthdownunder.
    Snap im on day 11 and yes I plateaued for a few days between days 5-8 but I have lost 14 lbs now so great. Yes you can have baked beans half a 400g tin is 200 cals and 28.3 carbs. I must admit I’m not following the recipes, I am using them but calculating my own cals and carbs, as I find some of them are grossly underestimated, and I need precision for reassurance, other wise the fat pixies may sneak up on me. Hehe. I am also to keep myself focused putting on here in the form of a diary my daily eating, wellbeing etc it’s in another thread, isn’t this forum wonderful, so ful of tips and advice, I like I am dieting on my own, we are all just one happy international bsd person.
    What a wonderful place to live, I live in a medieval market town called Cranbrook Kent England, and I live in Christmas cottage horse entry. And yes it is as twee as it sounds. All white weather boarded buildings, with the biggest smock windmill in England at the top of the hill. Very privelidged to live here. Wheat her is sublime here today how is it with you.
    Regards
    Jan

on

Jan, thanks so much for info. You are doing so well, must very motivating. I have lost between 6.5 and 7 lbs which is fabulous for me, and will be having the beans for Sunday night supper thank you. My husband loves them so it makes them easy.

I agree with you, recipes and food should be fairly simple, although I have been making seed and nut and non wheat flour pancakes for a long time, so will keep doing that, just having one instead of 2! They are very easy. I just mix up the mixture

I read heaps of stuff before I started including Izzy who is, or rather was, about my size and height so I expected to lose at about the same rate. I know we are all very different but it gave me some idea.

Your address is marvellous. I have never been to Kent, but my husband comes from another market town, Romford in Essex. He actually comes from Dagenham ( Dudley Moore also).

Our weather is wonderful today, crisp winter sunshine, with a cool morning. Hope my book comes soon. I have borrowed an e-book but I do not like it as much, even though I can read it fairly easily.

I have sciatica and slightly high blood pressure, so would like not to have back operation and not to have to take BP medication. I have high hopes

All the best
    Ruth

• posted by LesleyB
    on

Hey GreenJanet!
    I love your diary update approach, very inspiring, I think I will do the same. Xx

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi LesleyB
    Thankyou. The diary thing started as my attempt to treat this forum like an AA session, coming clean and baring my all. I also started it as my sister started two days ago, but unfortunately I can’t seem to get her interested in looking at this site, so now it’s my affirmation moment to remotivate myself, and recognise the amazing changes that seem to be happening everyday.
    I realised this morning that after six months of monitoring and investigations into me possibly having S.L.E. As I had almost all the symptoms, (it’s a serious untreatable sometimes fatal condition, effecting kidneys heart, etc.and lots of other things like fatigue ,severe joint pain etc ) that I think my symptoms are in remission. And hopefully was misdiagnosed, or reversed by this amazing way of eating. So now I’m wondering whether my lupus anticoagulant genetic condition that I have, a genetic condition that was triggered by a virus a few years ago, might go away, but the only way I could find out would be to come of my medication, which could result in another embolism. So I will just have to wonder at that one.
    So yes my daily blog gives me time to rejoice in my amazing good fortune to have this chance to improve my old bag of meat and my mind. If my words from my inferior mind are of any Benidorm to others then I am delighted.
    Hope your day is going well. Keep posting here be it good or bad, then we can all support you. We are not alone in this we are one big international loving the BSD gang.
    🌺🌻🌷

Please log in or register to post a reply.