First night shift.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning guys I did my first night shift last night and I am hoping I haven’t damaged all my hard work. I am sure you all know it can be a little hard to get your head around this WOE but I feel for my first week I have not done too bad. I have of course made a few rookie mistakes and expect I will make a few more.

MFP is driving me a little nuts 🥜🤣 but I am being honest and filling it in daily.

So yesterday I had my porridge for breakfast and then I ate my lunch of pepper and jewelled feta at 3.30pm. I drank just over two litres of water, plus fennel tea and a couple of cups of coffee. I cooked the Easy Bolognaise from the 800 recipe book so I could portion it up and have it for my supper at work. When I put all this in MFP (bolognaise 75g serving of the meat) I found I had only used 780 calories but had had 62g of carbs. I am not quite prediabetic but my blood sugar was sitting between 5.5 and 5.8 and since starting this it has already shown improvement. I am trying to stick to 20g of carbs but as advised by a couple of you I don’t need to worry bout it as much, but still 62g is too high😢. I had my second break last night and I was hungry which I am sure is due to the lack of sleep, physical job and of course being upside down in waking hours. So I bought some cooked chicken 160g packet.(I work for a supermarket so there is Easter eggs everywhere at the mo) and refused the cadbury’s Cupcake the manager had bought for everyone.😇. My calorie intake then shot up 981 but it was past midnight so maybe it should go onto today’s calories? This is where I am confused 🤷‍♀️. Is there anyone on here who does night shift or knows of anyone as I would love some advice on how to do this upside down two days a week. I also drank two vending machine white coffees which of course is powdered milk😲. I weighed myself when I got up and I have not gained but not lost. I don’t know what your thoughts are on weighing daily guys, what are the pros and cons?

I am loving it still and last night I could have cheated but a little voice in my head kept saying “you are only cheating and fooling yourself if you eat anything naughty”🤣

All help and advice greatly received thank you.
    Confused and knackered Birdy💞

Please log in or register to post a reply.