First day

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by linda53
    on

Hello All,
    Positive start with healthy breakfast and 4k walk and I feel pretty good.
    Does anyone know if it is ok to be on this Diet when you have hashimoto’s and Bipolar?

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Linda,
    We have a forum member called Hashimoto who has the condition. She is nearly at the end of her eight weeks and has been very successful.
    Not sure if there’s anyone with bipolar but I think if you are stable on meds you shouldn’t have a problem. Check in with your GP though if you are concerned. You might need a review of your meds if you lose significant amounts of weight.
    Stay in touch, it will be great to follow your progress and might encourage someone else with the same conditions. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by linda53
    on

Thank you Cherrianne for you reply.
    It’s day five and i’m feeling pretty good and 2 kilos down.
    I spoke to my Doctor and she cleared me, she feels it could only be a positive step in regards to my Bipolar, so if there is anyone else out there suffering from mental health ask your Doctor and give it a go.
    I have had no symptoms this week which is fantastic, fingers crossed.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Linda,
    2 kg in only 5 days, way to go ๐Ÿ™‚ !!! That’s a great result. Even better is that you’ve had no symptoms this week. Looks like you’re on the way to good health in body and mind.
    Also great news your doctor is on board, it always helps to have a supportive GP.
    Can’t wait to follow your journey to success.

• posted by ON PHONE
    on

Hi Linda

I just started this week too – and also on day 5… and also 2kg ๐Ÿ™‚ !

OP

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi Linda, I have just seen your post, I have hypothyroidism and for the first time I have found a diet which has helped me lose weight – in fact it has just fallen off!
    I have a GP appointment next week as I will need to have a new blood test to check my thyroxine levels as I have lost over 2 stones.
    Cherrieanne is right about keeping in touch with your GP, I am reducing asthma meds under supervision. The less weight we have usually the lower doses of meds we need – but that is not true of every med. Only tests will decide that.
    It must be so hard having the combination of bipolar and hypothyroidism. Keep with the diet and shout if you want support, we will all be rooting for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.