First day on BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Busybee52
    on

Hi all,
    This is my first day.
    Im quite nervous about the 800 calories a day. I know it’s going to take forward planning, something I’m not very good at. I’ve lived on convenience foods for a very long time purely due to lack of time. Any tips on how I can achieve this?
    I’m starting out at 175 pounds.
    Any advise or tips greatly appreciated

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Busybee52
    Hopefully your first day went well and you are feeling quietly pleased with yourself. Just thought I would offer a welcome to the BSD forum, wish you well on your quest and offer a little input.
    My tips are to make sure you have plenty of above ground veg/salad in stock; eggs, full fat yogurt, raspberries, nuts and seeds are all make good convenience foods. Make sure you drink plenty, have plenty of fat in your diet – olive oil on salad is excellent – and keep an eye on carbs, it’s best to keep them around the 50g mark if you can.
    Make sure to post your results and shout out if you have problems, someone will respond and offer support. Good Luck.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Busybee
    heretic that I am, I never counted calories.
    I found that by cutting out the carbs, my appetite reduced significantly within a week to the point that I was eating much smaller portions without ever feeling hungry and it worked like that for me.
    My advice would be to concentrate on getting rid of the carbs in the first couple of weeks, then, when the hunger subsides, start worrying about the calories then.
    800 is a scarey number, in reality it’s a breeze ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Busybee52
    on

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate that. I will try cutting out the carbs & see how I get on. I’ve found it quite hard these past few days. I actually felt quite poorly.
    I keep u posted ๐Ÿ‘

• posted by Busybee52
    on

Thank you Sunny D, I will implement your kind suggestions. I will keep u posted on my journey.
    I know it’s not going to be easy. But I will persevere ๐Ÿ‘

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’m sure like most of us, once you get past the initial 10 days or so, you will find it mush easier. As you get used to what you can have and the cals and carbs in foods eaten regularly, things will start to fall into place. And it’s surprising that when you cut out the carbs, you rarely experience ravenous hunger and eventually even the cravings die down.

Please log in or register to post a reply.