First day of BSD!! Advice needed re exercise

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Territowelling
    on

Very pleased to have found this way of eating, am hoping it’s the answer to my weight issues and addiction to sugar/carbs.! I don’t have diabetes but I cannot carry on with my current eating and constant weight gain. Am excited but a bit scared and so pleased there is a forum for support, any help or tips appreciated.

I had a diagnosis ( although am not 100% convinced) of CFS/ME shortly after my daughter was born 3 years ago. I have days of extreme exhaustion but on the whole am coping ok ( much better when I’m off sugar) I feel so much better when I can do exercise and I’m desperate to get my strength up ( have back/hip issues so cannot do a lot iof certain exercise) so.. I have signed up for a 22 mile walk in July in aid of Macmillan and I am concerned that 800 calories a day on the BSD will not be adequate.. I realise it’s a flexible way of eating and I’ll probably need to up my intake on ‘big walk days’ but I’d be really interested if any of you exercise on this plan and how you feel?

Day 1 great so far, I can easily Ditch breakfast and plan on having just lunch and dinner.. Now to drink water!

• posted by Izzypeach
    on

Hi it’s my first day to. Some of the guys and gals that have been on the plan longer than me can answer your questions. I have arthritic hips and this causes pains in my legs and back, I find that even a little exercise keeps me from going stiff but I couldn’t do a 22 mile walk. I did a 10k walk once and It ruined me. So what I do and I’m sure this will make you laugh. I stick my ear phones in, put my music on and dance like it’s diva night and the local. I also do the less glamourous housework routine with the vacuum. I look forward to hearing more about you’re journey.

on

Ha ha, that sounds a good idea ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m a bit concerned about my energy levels and the walk but am sure it will much easier when the lbs come off.. Am 4 stone overweight and I know it affects my back.. Onwards and upwards! Good luck izzypeach on your journey too ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by FoFi
    on

Hi, Welcome to the forum. I don’t know about your other health issues, but as far as the diet is concerned you should be okay. I didn’t do any exercise for the first week and I was happy with that decision. Since then I have been able to do substantial amounts of exercise whilst eating 800kcals. In a few weeks your body should be able to convert fat fast enough to sustain walking even for very long distances. Of course by July you will have been on this diet for over eight weeks so you might be finished!

on

thanks FoFi that’s really helpful. As per your advice going to take it easy for a week or so and then get back into it again.

๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.