Feeling very full on day one

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Scotgran
    on

Hello, bedtime on day one and I’ve eaten so much I am still feeling full. I had no carb Bircher for breakfast,, peanut butter and soft cheese dip with veggies for lunch but could only eat half, and chicken on white bean mash for dinner. Again could only eat half. Whew! I actually rechecked all the quantities in case I’d mistakenly given myself two portions. Also feeling a bit bloated from all the water. Hope I’m not up to the loo all,night. I’m 62,retired female, a bit overweight BMI 29 but I do a little bit of exercise most days and I’ve been meditating daily for about eight years now. I want to do this to help my hubby who is T2 with blind faith in metformin and not keen to do anything else. He loves his carbs, toast, sandwiches, pasta and crisps especially and we will be eating separate meals but he has agreed to eat at least one bite of everything I’m having with a view to eventual change.

• posted by snackerlady
    on

Hi Scotgran, sounds good that you’re so full 🙂 I am finding that i’m definitely not as hungry as usual eating this way- it’s a revelation.

Re- your hubby, get him to watch this: https://youtu.be/mAwgdX5VxGc

There are other videos on youtube too that explain why the medications are not the answer and in fact are making the problem worse. Sadly the medical profession – who we trust with our lives- are not always right! We have a family member exactly the same who thinks her doctor is right about everything including telling her to eat more pasta, rice and potatoes (she’s morbidly obese, uncontrolled diabetic in a wheelchair) it makes me want to cry 🙁 She won’t listen to anyone else though. I’m hoping she is inspired by my progress on this.

Best wishes to you both xx

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi. Well done both of you. Interesting to read your comments about family members. My son (age 43) was diagnosed Type 2 after me, with a higher reading than mine had ever been. He’s on Metformin and another tablet and has had at least two treatments for retinopathy. He goes to a a Diabetes Centre, following their advice, and eats – no prizes for guessing – carbs! Because I’m still diet controlled he tells me I’m not diabetic, I’m just playing at it!!! Be interesting to see the family’s reaction when they see me in April as they won’t have seen me since last autumn – there’ll be a lot less of me LOL

• posted by Scotgran
    on

Well I’ve eaten loads again on day two. Thought I was drinking enough but had a headache mid morning and decided to actually measure what’s in a glass and a mug. Shocked to find yesterday I only drank 1.5 litres. Today I had the blueberry green tea shake, very filling then the remains of yesterday’s peanut dip for lunch.tonight I did both husband and I spinach and pea omelette and he even had extra spinach, mushrooms and some asparagus with it and declared it quite nice. Mind you he had some chips too, oh well small steps.

Please log in or register to post a reply.