Feeling scared!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Hi,
    I have just spent the last hour reading g Lucia’s blog, this alongside my sister losing an amazing 11lbs in just one week I feel I inspired to join this gang!!

I, like many of you have lost and gained weight more times than I care to remember! The result of which has lead to me weighing more than I did at 9 months pregnant having put 4 stone on in the 9 months.
    I am now 45, feeling fat and unfit and quite demotivated!!!
    I have Psoriatic arthritis, osteoarthritis and I am due to see a surgeon in less than a months time to discuss knee replacement!!
    So I need all the help I can get and like Lucia think this will be like keeping a diary for my own benefit but with the added bonus of all you guys.
    Wish me luck!!!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi ClairyB,
    Welcome to the BSD and the forums.
    This way of life may hold some pleasant surprises for you. While acknowledging everyone’s differences I must tell you that the inflammation on my osteoarthritic fingers has decreased since I have been following the BSD. The pain has also decreased. That, coupled with weight loss and not being driven by hunger/food and a greater sense of wellbeing is what motivates me.
    Best wishes for your journey.

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Hi Switzerland!!

I already feel like I belong to a secret club!

I know my joints will improve and the pain wil! be more manageable, if that’s not a good incentive I don’t know what is. Good to hear yours has improved, how long have you been following the plan?? Any ideas for my sweet tooth, I know its my biggest hurdle!!

• posted by KateW87
    on

Hi ClairyB,

I have just finished my first day and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I wasn’t working today but will be tomorrow and am interested to see if that will help by keeping my mind off hunger or hinder through the temptation of the canteen!

Good luck,

Kate

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi ClairyB
    not an immediate fix for your sweet tooth, but pre BSD I used to eat tons of cake, biscuits, sweets, cohocolate….
    On day 5, I’m starting to get to the state where things that don’t normally now taste incredibly sweet simply because I’m not constantly consuming sugar.
    The same thing happened when I followed a low sugar diet earlier in the year. I had water from a jug with lemon slices in that tasted so sweet I couldn’t believe it wasn’t sugary – I tried the same thing when I got home, and yes, water with lemon still tasted incredibly sweet.

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi ClaryB
    With regards to work , make sure you are hydrated prior to your lunch break , take in your own food and maybe eat outside for a few days (providing it is not raining) . I have to sit in a very small staff room where that eat burger chips puddings etc, that was me by the way . The first few shifts were hard mainly due to the comments (well meaning) but as I have progressed I am beginning to see the sheer volume of foods eaten. A few have now followed me which is inspiring in itself but I have not sung about it .soup is a friend as it takes a while to eat especially if you make it too hot!!! Best wishes

• posted by ClairyB
    on

I am a little unprepared to say the least!! I have eaten a small apple for breakfast and haven’t brought anything to work with me!! No yogurts or tuna or anything in the fridge so will go out at lunch and have a yogurt maybe?? I need to go shopping and be prepared!! Well done on getting through day 1, only another 13 hours to go and it will be over for me too.

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Thanks for your support Frog!!! I can do this.

• posted by ClairyB
    on

WOW!! I can’t believe the support I’ve had already on here!!! When self-doubt rears its ugly head and tells me I’m weak and I can’t do this I will read the blogs!! Another problem I’ve got, sorry to seem so negative!! I have at least 3 occasions I can think of in the next couple of weeks, and also a night away with hubby, how do people manage when they ate surrounded by copious amounts of carb laden foods and bottles of prosecco??? ๐Ÿ˜ต

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi ClairyB,
    I partake of the odd piece of 85% cocoa dark chocolate. I also make the guilt free chocolate brownies from the recipe section of the BSD book. The brownies are my ‘go to’ for emergencies (they’re in the freezer). BUT the longer I eat BSD style food, the less I’m motivated to eat the high carb sweets. You’ll discover this yourself down the weeks.
    This is week 7 for me. I’ve learnt so much both about myself and about the BSD way of life. It’s an exciting time.
    Our club is no secret (as you know). The forums are full of people from around the globe with the same struggles as us, who are kind and happily impart their wisdom and give us support when we need it. It’s great.
    You’ll notice a lag time since you sent me a post – I’m in Australia and have been to work today.

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Wow – Switzerland in Australia – how exciting!! Thanks for Brownie tip – i haven’t got the book yet – it’s on it’s way so i will look up the recipe on line.

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Thanks Collie! As i said i was totally unprepared today and ended up buying a tin of tuna – i am now salivating about the thought of a chicken breast and vegetables later. I could also fit in some scrambled egg as some calories left. I will see how i feel after aqua – feeling smug – even if it is only day one!!

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Day 1
    Breakfast – 1 apple
    Lunch – tin of tuna (not sure if i went for the right one though – it was in sunflower oil)
    Dinner – Chicken breast – brocolli – green beans
    Supper – scrambled egg

All sounds very righteous – but i could kill for a mars bar!! Must stay focused – only 7 hours until bedtime!!!

Please tell me I’m on the right track ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Frog
    on

Well done ClairyB
    I went for a manicure this morning – CND’s hand scrub and moisturiser smells of almonds – MARZIPAN alert!!!
    I did manage not to lick my hands (I did sniff them a bit on the way home though)

• posted by ClairyB
    on

I know everything reminds me of food!!! In the spar whilst buying my tuna, everywhere I looked, doughnuts, buy one get one free!! 4 mars for a ยฃ1!! I did however buy a bag of apples on offer for a ยฃ1, feeling virtuous. Just got home and feeling ravenous so decided to have the bacon and scrambled egg now and save chicken and veg for later, I know how to live!! I also have booked myself for a manicure I can afford it now I’m not buying any foodie treats.

• posted by KateW87
    on

Well done ClairyB! It takes such a lot of willpower when surrounded by food to stick to just the thing you came in for. I’m similar with the ‘events’ as I have three weekends away in the 8 weeks. I know I could have started after them but having read the book I was excited to crack on with it.

@Frog- I laughed at the idea of you using all your willpower not to lick your hands! Thanks for sharing.

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Thanks Kate W87, but please tell me it get’s easier??? I really struggled at aqua aerobics which I go to every week, felt as though i had no energy. I ‘ve also had a terrible nights sleep – or lack of it and woke up feeling down with every fibre of my being screaming “give me chocolate”.

I am now safely at my desk having ignored the taunts from the mars bars in my kitchen cupboard and have eaten a small apple and a slice of cheese for breakfast.
    On the plus side i have lost 1.5 in just 24 hours so surely i should be elated, but unfortunately I’m not!! Need to get a grip – I can do this!!
    I apologise in advance to all you fellow bloggers i feel i may need to rant on more than one occasion today – so please be gentle with me ๐Ÿ™

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Can anyone tell me how many carbs we are supposed to stay below – per day? My book hasn’t arrived yet so still a bit in the dark about some aspects.
    I have the My Fitness Pal App which i was using anyway and it calculates calories, carbs etc so yesterday I had 780 calories, 43g carbs, 35g fat and 73g protein – ?????

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello ClairyB
    I think it’s 50g – 60g we’re meant to try and stay below? Someone correct if this is wrong.
    Keep going – my mum and I are on our second day too and both highly motivated but today I feel ever so hungry and yesterday evening we were wondering if anybody else felt a bit irritable at the beginning. Probably my sugar and carb withdrawal symptoms!
    You really need to read the book so hopefully it arrives very soon. There’s some very good advice on savouring your food and eating slowly. You then feel full BEFORE you’ve crammed goodness knows how much in…… ๐Ÿ™
    What I find so astonishing is the distinct lack of unsuccessful stories.

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Hi Barista girls, i know what you mean – some of the stories are fantastic. I must admit I’m sure my food tasted so much better yesterday because i was properly hungry when I ate. I’ve been reading up on the daily mail website to give me motivation until my book arrives.
    I felt really tired and a bit irritable too last night, i’m not making a big deal of the diet at home, I don’t want to set myself up for a fall!! This morning i felt rubbish but better after I’d weighed myself ๐Ÿ™‚
    It’s almost lunchtime and I’ve only consumed 107 calories and i haven’t died – so i will stick at it!! Let me know how you are both getting on.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi
    Nail on the head with the sugar and carb withdrawal symptoms. These will go away soon and then most of us feel revitalised and sleep is much more restful.
    The 50g per day carb level isn’t in the book, it comes from research that shows this is the level that will put you into ketosis or fat burning mode.
    Grit your teeth and stick it out for the first week, it then gets easier and the benefits can be mind blowing ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by ClairyB
    on

Thanks Bill1954,

Looking forward to feeling better and healthier, i have so many health issues which i know are all exacerbated due to my extra weight!! I’ve struggled with being overweight my whole life and i’ve tried every diet going – really hoping this is the lifestyle change for me.
    How long have you been following the plan?

Please log in or register to post a reply.