Feeling more than a little wierd!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kit
    on

Hi wonder if anyone can advise? I have been doing reduced carbs for a couple of weeks. Unfortunately my problem is that I just feel so awful, shortness of breath and spacey/dizzy. I find the shortness of breath really quite frightening, would be gald to hear if anyone else has experienced this or can say how long it might take for this to ease off?
    Kit

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Kit.
    I am not an admin here just doing the diet, but I do have a medical background, the spaced out feeling could be this way of eating, and will pass,but the shortness of breath if it is limiting your mobility, and is something new or a increased normal symptom. For your assurance I would get checked by your g.p or practice nurse. How’s your pulse is it racing or particularly slow. It is very humid where I am in Kent so if it’s the same where you are it could be that, but sometimes it’s best not to assume. In my experience symptoms that you wonder whether you should be concerned are invariably that just a passing glitch. But just pop to your surgery, and have a chat. Hope things settle soon for you.
    Kind regards
    Jan

• posted by Kit
    on

Thank Jan, no appts until next Thursday so will go then. I’ve searched the Internet and it seems this sort of heavy breathing can be associated with low carb, it is disconcerting.
    Kit

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Kit.

Try not to relate to much to it, sometimes just putting a concern on the back burner so to speak can minimise its power to overwhelm our peace of mind. Perhaps then when you are less tense it may ease. It’s a shame your surgery are unable to just quickly assess you to put your mind at ease. If it is the carbs, then you will soon adjust I am sure. Just make sure you drink plenty. Take care.
    Regards
    Jan

Please log in or register to post a reply.