Feeling good and getting near my target

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fredforest
    on

6 weeks in and I have lost 7kg and am down to 85kg, Since the Autumn and with my pre-diet changes the loss is nearer 13kg and the diet has helped me tremendously as I had stuck. 2 more weeks should get me down to around 80kg I’m then intending to keep on until I get to 75kg and the weight I was in the Army 30+ years ago when I could do the 1.5 mile runs in less than 10 mins, in boots, and before they took my knee apart. I don’t monitor my blood as I am not entitled to a monitor (my surgery won’t give them to Type 2’s) and I can ill afford the new test strips so will have to wait until July and my next HbA1c test.

What to do after? The med diet is looking good, I love the seafood bits of my diet, but too much greenery is playing havoc with INR and Warfarin dose. I will be counting the calories in myfitnesspal which has helped me enormously.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi Fred
    You have done amazingly well in a short space of time. It sounds like some of that army determination is still with you. I wonder whether this diet can also reverse the need for drugs like warfarin? Best wishes for the rest of your journey.

• posted by Fredforest
    on

End of the 7th week and things are looking good.

I am down to 83 kg. Last summer I was 105 kg at my 6 monthly diabetes weigh in. 83kg is 13stone and 1lb which is in the overweight rather than the obese range for 5′ 10″ and less than I weighed on leaving the Army.

My trousers are far to big, my shirts are like tents. I have lost a little muscle tone but until I can sort out the arthritis problems I will have to live with 8000 steps per day and using the stairs when I can.

Please log in or register to post a reply.