Fed up!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by chezza1961
    on

Hi all

Anybody help with this. I started the diet a couple of weeks ago and although not a great weigh loss – about 7lbs so far – my sugars are not great. In October last year I had major abdominal surgery and also had my gallbladder removed. Since then I have had real problems with my stomach with bouts of vomiting and diarrhoea 2 or 3 times a week and dreadful acid both when vomiting and on the “better” days. Its not heartburn. The acid is in my stomach – the best way to describe it is a fire in my stomach. I am due to have a gastrosocopy on 13th April. Common sense tells me that the vomiting and such may have a part to play in this because the vomiting brings back undigested food and medication. My sugars have certainly been better over the last couple of weeks but some days they are higher than I would like them or what I think they should be. I eat as best I can on the bad days – some of those days I can only manage drinks because the nausea is horrible. It might be sensible to add that my readings before I started the diet were likely to be 11 & 12 and higher. The highest Ive had over the last couple of weeks it 8.2 and the lowest 5.4 which I am over the moon about. Any suggestions?

Thanks

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Chezza
    a lot of your questions are for your GP really but, these sugar readings, are they your fasting readings or are they taken at other times of the day ?
    I ask because I had problems with higher fasting readings and the team told me not to worry too much about them as they are naturally higher than at other times.

• posted by chezza1961
    on

Hi Bill

Thanks for your reply.

I have diabetic bloods tomorrow and then a review with the nurse in 2 weeks. I am waiting to see the results of the bloods but will mention it as the surgeon who ordered the gastroscopy is not the surgeon who did the operation – he has unfortunately left. The new surgeon is not very nice at all and told me I may have to live with the vomiting and excess acid. However if its causing problems with my sugars then he needs to look at things again in my view. I’ll wait and see the results of the camera.

The blood readings Ive been doing are around a couple of hours after food where they have been good well good for me! The 8.2 was first thing in the morning before food.

I hope things sort out cos I am fed up. Mostly with the stomach problem. A piece of advice to anybody – DONT have your gallbladder removed unless ABSOLUTELY necessary!!

Cheers

Please log in or register to post a reply.