Favorite crockpot recipes

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunshineOrange
    on

I have no cooking skills but I recently bought a crockpot under the urging of my best friend.
    If you have any slow cooker recipes that you love to make or are especially delicious, please post them for me to try!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I personally don’t have a slow cooker, just an airfryer. If you google healthy slow cooker recipes you will find lots of ideas depending on what you want to eat. One good site is delish.com with 40 super recipes.

I see you are on here for weight loss so look for low carb and forget about low fat, it is all chemicals added, have some good fats in your diet like olive oil, avocados, nuts, full fat yoghurts and cheeses (obviously all these in moderation) as they give you that full feeling and a feeling of satisfaction.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi SO … when using the slow cooker, I tend to throw in whatever is available. For instance, if it’s lamb or beef, I’ll add things like whole garlic clove, rosemary, bay leaves, celery, maybe a little fresh fennel, chopped tomatoes and so on. If it’s chicken or pork, I’d perhaps go in a curry direction …. so some coconut milk, shallots, garlic, ginger, ground coriander, cumin seeds and so on.
    Using herbs and spices to ring the changes, helps to keep things interesting.
    Jump on to one of the more established threads to get advice and support. There’s a January one running at the moment and also, I think there’s one running through to Easter. These threads have lots of established BSDers posting, so are an excellent source of experience based knowledge.

Please log in or register to post a reply.