FatSecret …

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Just wondering if anyone using this how you can or even if you can, adjust the calories per day?

Its set mine at like 1500 and obv that’s more than 800 ….

Any tips appreciated, thanks

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Had a play around in settings and found how to change it so it states 800 cals so am a happy bunny now

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Have tried to change to 800 also but haven’t been able to do so. Was wondering how you had done it?

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Krysia

In My Fat Secret, the page where you log daily foods
    at the bottom there’s a little pie chart that shows you a broad breakdown of what you’ve eaten in the day
    Just below that, there’s a hyperlink that says “Set your Recommended Daily Intake” click on that
    you then get a box that states your age, height, weight….
    there’s a little green button at the bottom just below that box that says “calculate my RDI” – click on it and it will tell you something daft, mine is currently 2100 calories. Overtype the calculated number of calories with 800, or whatever you personal target is, and hit save.

It isn’t particularly intuitive, but that’s how I did mine

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Thank you Frog – brilliant instructions – they were so clearly set out. I followed them and have reset to 800. I am going to save them so I can change it again for when I am on maintenance.

I have tried dozens of times to work out how to do it but just couldn’t – so thank you. Also would like to thank you for recommending fat secret as it made all the difference. Weight loss before fat secret 1stone 1lb in 4 months. Started using fat secret on 3rd. September – weight loss 11 3/4lb and still losing fast. How fantastic is that.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Thanks Frog
    I did it slightly different but its the same

I do prefer this actually and NO reminders about logging on!

Don’t think it has a scan majiggy tho to scan labels? that would be good

• posted by 1960smp
    on

OOPs YES it does …found under the camera icon! Duh I should really wait before adding replies

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Frog
    Do you have any idea how to add a meal on there without adding every single food item? Just adding carb cal etc

Please log in or register to post a reply.