Fat vs calories

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Maccy
    on

Hi I’ve followed high fat low carb before. This diet is slightly different though as it’s 800 calories. I get confused on my focus. Low calorie usually means high sugar but if I go for full fat then that’s high calorie. What should I be looking for?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

It is all a question of balance and it can take some time to get used to limiting to 800 calories, but including fats too. Think the way to think of it is small portions of high fat foods, so things like nuts, seeds, cheese, cream etc., just a few grams per portion. Hope that helps a little.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

As SunnyB said, the main effect is on the portion sizes, but the satiety factor cannot be discounted. I have never been less hungry on a restricted calorie diet, and know that some of that comes from a high proportion of healthy fats. Note that although it is a high proportion it is not actually a huge amount, as the calories are so low you won’t be able to overdo it.

Please log in or register to post a reply.