Fasting while doing the BSD

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Slimmingmayya
    on

Hi,

I am so excited to start, I have a question though I will start fasting for my religion from tomorrow or Tuesday and I wondered if it would still work if I done the plan at the time I break the fast which will be between 9.40pm to 2.40am I am planning to eat lunch and brunch at Sohor which will be by 2.20am and lunch at 9.40pm, I am not diabetic but I have lots of weight around the belly and it is really tiring me out, another thing I know that date is not really good to have in this diet but would be ok If I have one with the brunch as it makes me feels less hungry after a full day of fasting. Thank you very much .

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Slimmingmayya,

Welcome to the forums. There are many people who have started their BSD journey feeling like pioneers (read Bill1954, Captainlynne,Hashimoto, Cherrianne) to name a few. You are a pioneer for doing the BSD while fasting for your religion.
    I have no experience of this. If you are simply ‘flipping’ the hours that you eat it makes sense that it would work.
    Jason Fung in his book ‘The Obesity Code’ makes reference to religious fasting – but mainly to point out that usually few less calories are consumed overall.
    I feel like I haven’t really answered your question. There will be other BSDers reading this that may have more definitive answers.
    Keep posting so we all can read how you’re progressing.
    Best wishes.

on

Oh Thank you very much I really feel very optemistic and I know that this will help me solve my weight issue I think the less hours to eat will make it easier to follow espically that I am planning to cook the food before which will help me not to give to graving I will keep posting and let you all know how it goes. Thank you very much for the support. 🙂

on

Hi Switzerland,

I though I would update you about the fasting, I found it easier than what I though when I break the fast I would want to eat all the pastries and everything but I couldn’t even finish my dish and I feel light after breaking the fast which make it really nice. today i found that I lost 3 pounds so excited about that. but I still broke the fast on a date with walnut. So the main thing is it is quite easy while fasting still hasn’t done any exercising yet but planning to do some this week and will see how my energy level goes.

• posted by OzVeggy
    on

Good luck Slimmingmayya.

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Slimmingmayya,
    Sorry it’s taken me a while to get back to you. I’m pleased to read that your daytime fasting and post- sunset pre-sunrise BSD is going well.
    Best wishes.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Switzerland,
    I just thought I would let you know I did the chicken goujons tonight for our evening meal and used the mix, ( you recommended the linseed, almond and sunflower seed mix) flaxseeds, almonds, Brazil’s, walnuts, it was a success for the adults, although the granddaughters didn’t like it!
    I have found out that my mix is high in carbs for coating the chicken so I might have to re-work the recipe a bit, however a partial success I would say, thank you for recommending the mix, I am still on the lookout for the mix you told me about so I will let you know if I find it.
    I have been having real cravings for toast and marmalade this week! I haven’t succumbed yet though and hopefully won’t!
    Sorry to post this to you on this forum post, this was the first place that I saw your name, I haven’t been on the forums for a while, have been having health problems that have kept me feeling very low, physically and mentally!
    Christine

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Christi1948,
    I’m pleased to read that somebody liked your chicken goujons! I don’t want to be intrusive and ask about the age of your granddaughters, but much of the literature says that children need to try a new food up to 6 times before they like it. (That’s a lot of chicken goujons).
    I’m sorry to read that you’ve been unwell and I sincerely hope you’ve been able to get help.
    If you need to post something to me, you could do it on ‘….my eight weeks’ – I’m sure Lucia won’t mind.

Hi Slimmingmayya,
    I hope your strategy is working. Best wishes.

on

Thank you very much I lost 12 pounds so far and I am week 4 day 2 today xx

on

Hi Switzerland Thank you very much for checking I am doing fine lost 12 pounds it is easier than expected but I think any little sugar I have prevent the wight loss straight away, and the lack of sleep making the losing weight slower but I am happy as long as I keep shedding weight 🙂

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Slimmingmayya,
    Lovely to hear from you. You’re doing well. 12 pounds is a significant amount of weight. I remember thinking 4 weeks in that I could really do the BSD.
    Best wishes.

Please log in or register to post a reply.