Fast Weight Loss Question to those who have lost a lot of weight.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Fairydewdrop
    on

The one thing I have concerns about losing weight fast is hanging skin ( I know personal subject sorry) I have over 3 stones to lose .
    Can anyone advise me if this was a problem or how you combat this . Thank you ! any advice or assurance would be helpful.

• posted by Avila
    on

I have gone down 2 stone without any hanging skin.

I think when you get to higher levels of loss it can be an issue, and the older you are the more of a challenge the ‘bounce back’ can be. There are people who have lost 6 st plus and they may have comments to make. but at 41 yr old and 2 st loss not an issue at all.

Don’t let it be a reason to not try the diet and all the health benefits for your internal organs.

• posted by Determinedthistime
    on

Hi Fairydewdrop
    That’s really scary, I was just thinking about all the loose skin when your post popped up. I have so much weight to lose, there will be lots, and I know exercise is probably the key. I’m not able to do much now, but I’d like to know too from the big weight losers, did they need to exercise a lot ? What is the best thing to do ? Thanks all.

• posted by Fairydewdrop
    on

Avila,thanks for the reply …glad to hear you have had no problems , I have 3 stone to lose in total . So hope i’m lucky
    It won’t put me off losing weight . Just wanted any tips or advice.

• posted by Fairydewdrop
    on

Determinedhistime. I think exercise will be the key, I read a post on here somewhere were a lady lost over 4st. She started with 10 mins on exercise bike a day . I’m going to start a little every day . Walking More etc . I hope we get a few more posters who have lost a lot of weight give us some tips as well. thanks for the reply . Good Luck x

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

At 50 and six stone lost so far, I am pretty extreme and do not really have any problems. (My bikini days are probably over, but that’s not just a bit of loose skin, I prefer swimsuits for comfort). I have your classic ‘wings’ when holding my arms up and a little empty skin around the remains of the stomach flab, but have moved from size 22 to size 14 with no concerns. As I move closer to my healthy weight I intend to up the exercise particularly around the stomach and arms to see if that will help tighten the skin any further.

on

Thanks Mixnmatch, That’s great to know….you have done SO well. I’m on day 6 and have struggled a bit today. I’m still waiting for my book to be delivered so I’m winging it a bit with what to eat, but I have lost about 4 lbs so far, and am looking forward to getting to grips with exercising again. Thanks fairydewdrop, and everyone for all your positivity, advice and encouragement. Here’s to starting anew tomorrow 😀

• posted by Fairydewdrop
    on

Hi MIxnmatch. Thank you for your reply, 6 stones! lost is an amazing achievement. really encouraging to read at the start of the journey on BSD. How long has it taken you to lose the weight? Any tips ? I have 3 stones to lose. Also relived to hear you answer on skin bounce back. I also hit the 50 club earlier this year.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

At 66 years of age I’ve lost nearly 7 stone on the BSD since last December. I was never going to have a flat stomach after 2 Caesareans. So the little extra skin around my abdomen isn’t a problem. I watch ‘Obese: a year to save my life USA’ and most go for skin removal surgery, but I am nowhere near needing that.

My arms and legs have a degree of loose skin, but I’m an old lady now LOL. Having said that, unless I was in a swimming costume would anyone see it?

So – the small amount of loose skin I have is certainly not a problem for me. If anyone else thinks it is, guess what? It’s their problem!

on

Hi captainlynne – well you look fantastic. It was reading the article in the Mail that set me off on this journey. I’m not on any meds, but have well over 100lbs to shift. Thank you for being such an inspiration.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Determinedthistime

Thank you *blush*. I’m glad the article led you on to the BSD journey.

Please keep posting and letting us know your progress.

• posted by Timetochange
    on

Hi Fairydewdrop (what a great name by the way), I would recommend some targeted exercise. Some resistance weights (home weights are fine) for the tops of arms and some regular general exercise: walking is excellent and much underrated I think. It is brilliant for toning up legs. Abdominal exercises for tummy is good too. I’m not sure how much weight you have to lose, but any exercise will help toward toning. As this diet has the right amount of protein and is calculated towards fat burning, you should not be losing muscle mass. If you are a member of a gym, they can sits too with exercises to help. Good luck in your journey.

Please log in or register to post a reply.